To provide high-quality, efficient HR management, administration, advice and support to the Directors and Senior Management team of the HudsonBec Group (thehudsonbecgroup.com)
The role is providing services to companies in the Group;
It’s Nice That (itsnicethat.com), Anyways (anyways.co) and Lecture in Progress (lectureinprogress.com).
In total a we have a full-time staff of around 30 people across all businesses, and additional freelancers regularly. This is the only HR position in the group, so it is an important role that requires an applicant comfortable with working on their own initiative and using personal HR knowledge.
Applicants are required to have a recognised HR qualification such as CIPD, ideally at Level 5, but will consider lower levels with relevant experience.
Overview of Key Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all HR administration, including employee records, contracts and management of all record keeping for absence, sick, holiday etc.
• Manage the full employee lifecycle, (full time and freelance) including full end-to-end recruitment, retention and leavers’ process.
• Coordinate annual performance reviews with senior and middle management
• Drive the company talent management, succession planning and training agenda, liaising with training providers and maintaining training records.
• Update and maintain a HRIS system and employee database that meets the company and GDPR requirements.
• Analyse and present on HR metrics, making recommendations to the leadership team that align to the business strategy.
• Conduct regular reviews, recommend and implement improvements to the company's policies, procedures and practices on all HR matters.
• Lead internal surveys with our workforce through TinyPulse to identify new opportunities and challenges facing the organisation
• Deliver people management and HR workshops based on induction needs, employment law and HR policies.
• Lead disciplinary or grievance procedures where necessary
• Advice and guidance to managers on performance related issues. Coach line managers on how to handle delicate employee relations situations.
• Ensuring that HR services are provided as appropriate and identify new opportunities where HR can add value, maintaining up-to-date knowledge of HR issues and best practices.
• Play a proactive role in retaining positive employee relations, a motivated team and in embodying our culture.
• Lead our annual pay review research into industry benchmarks
• Data Protection Officer, responsible for overseeing data protection strategy and implementation to ensure compliance with GDPR requirements and other data protection laws, including managing internal data protection activities, advise on data protection impact assessments and conduct internal audits;
• To be the first point of contact for individuals whose data is processed and responding to individuals such as clients and employees who wish to know which data is being held on them by the Company;
• Take ownership of HR related projects as and when required.
- Applicants are required to have a recognised HR qualification such as CIPD, ideally at Level 5, but will consider Level 3 with relevant experience.
- Experience of high-quality administration is necessary: diary and record keeping, files maintenance
- The applicant will have strong experience as an HR generalist , or a recruitment professional who would like to expand to a more generalist remit. Background in sectors such as creative, media and/or marketing are preferable, but not essential.
- The applicant must have up to date knowledge of employment law
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate experience of CPD
- Proficient in packages such as Word/ Outlook/ Excel
- Proficient in Mac Operating Systems
- Experience and proficiency with PeopleHR online database would be preferable
- Able to organise own time and work load efficiently
- Able to work to deadlines
- Top class people skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality and to inspire trust from all employees
- Able to understand and interpret relevant areas of employment law
- Able to express self clearly in written and verbal communication including spelling
- Good numeracy skills and attention to detail with figures