7 months ago
HR Manager (part time - fixed term 6 month maternity cover) - Kingston upon Thames
Salary: Full time salary £41,738.00, will be prorated dependant on hours (as below)
Hours: part time - 24-28 hours per week, can work these over 4 or 5 days
Start date: end of July (ideally) to enable a handover period
Our Client is an award-winning housing association. They hold charitable status and support both rural and urban communities by providing affordable and environmentally sustainable homes for local people.
They are now looking for a HR Manager (fixed term - 6 months maternity cover).
To manage all aspects of human resources functions fairly and consistently and to a high standard following best practice including: employee relations, recruitment, retention, development, training and performance, HR policy, employee safety and wellbeing.
To provide a proactive, responsive and professional HR service enabling all managers to take full responsibility for employee management.
Key Accountability of the Role:
• Support the Head of HR & OD in the development and implementation of the HR Service Plan to ensure it supports delivery of the Corporate Plan
• Develop, monitor and review HR policies procedures and practices in line with changes to employment legislation, and provide advice and guidance to all employees on their implementation and application
• Advise and support managers on all employee relations matters to ensure issues are managed swiftly and early on.
• Work with the Head of HR & OD to continuously improve employee relations across the organisation using relevant consultation and regular attendance at Staff Panel meetings
• Recruitment, Selection & Retention
• With managers, plan for future staff requirements in line with the Corporate Plan
• Manage all stages of the recruitment and selection processes within budget, ensuring our Client's policies, best practice and statutory requirements are met
• Manage the corporate employee induction and probation policies
• Research, design, develop, implement and administer employee benefits
• Employee development and performance
• Working with managers and the Head of HR & OD, establish, promote, maintain, manage and review the annual Development and Training Plan including budget management and organisation of internal and external training events, delivering some management training
• Evaluate development and training activities and events
• Advise managers in developing programmes such as corporate and departmental induction, NVQ's, and other professional qualifications
• Lead on the performance management process
• Manage, motivate and develop the HR Co-ordinator to ensure s/he is appropriately trained in all HR administration procedures and has a good understanding of the more frequently used policies and procedures to be able to provide a customer focused support service. This includes setting objectives, regular 1-2-1 meetings and annual performance reviews
• Supervise the HR Co-ordinator in running recruitment campaigns, employee appointments and checks, monthly payroll changes and sign-off, maintenance of our Client's HR MIS system
Health & safety
• Manage Workforce Health and Safety including OH referrals, risk assessments and Health and Wellbeing Initiatives
• Promote and encourage use of our Client's Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), monitoring its use and employee feedback on the service
• Have worked in an HR Manager capacity
• CIPD qualified
• Experience in the housing / not for profit sector strongly preferred
• Advising managers and problem-solving on the advice and interpretation of a wide range of employment issues
• Drafting and implementing employment policies
• Understanding of working with and implementing a training plan
• Contributing to HR strategy
• Managing and developing staff
• Managing or supporting organisational change
• Strong analytical and numerical skills and at ease with manipulating data to produce reports
• Ability to operate at both a strategic and operational level
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
23 days ago
only 5 days until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close