about 1 month ago
HR Manager (part time - fixed term 6 month maternity cover) - Kingston upon Thames
Salary: Full time salary £41,738.00, will be prorated dependant on hours (as below)
Hours: part time - 24-28 hours per week, can work these over 4 or 5 days
Start date: end of July (ideally) to enable a handover period
Our Client is an award-winning housing association. They hold charitable status and support both rural and urban communities by providing affordable and environmentally sustainable homes for local people.
They are now looking for a HR Manager (fixed term - 6 months maternity cover).
To manage all aspects of human resources functions fairly and consistently and to a high standard following best practice including: employee relations, recruitment, retention, development, training and performance, HR policy, employee safety and wellbeing.
To provide a proactive, responsive and professional HR service enabling all managers to take full responsibility for employee management.
Key Accountability of the Role:
• Support the Head of HR & OD in the development and implementation of the HR Service Plan to ensure it supports delivery of the Corporate Plan
• Develop, monitor and review HR policies procedures and practices in line with changes to employment legislation, and provide advice and guidance to all employees on their implementation and application
• Advise and support managers on all employee relations matters to ensure issues are managed swiftly and early on.
• Work with the Head of HR & OD to continuously improve employee relations across the organisation using relevant consultation and regular attendance at Staff Panel meetings
• Recruitment, Selection & Retention
• With managers, plan for future staff requirements in line with the Corporate Plan
• Manage all stages of the recruitment and selection processes within budget, ensuring our Client's policies, best practice and statutory requirements are met
• Manage the corporate employee induction and probation policies
• Research, design, develop, implement and administer employee benefits
• Employee development and performance
• Working with managers and the Head of HR & OD, establish, promote, maintain, manage and review the annual Development and Training Plan including budget management and organisation of internal and external training events, delivering some management training
• Evaluate development and training activities and events
• Advise managers in developing programmes such as corporate and departmental induction, NVQ's, and other professional qualifications
• Lead on the performance management process
• Manage, motivate and develop the HR Co-ordinator to ensure s/he is appropriately trained in all HR administration procedures and has a good understanding of the more frequently used policies and procedures to be able to provide a customer focused support service. This includes setting objectives, regular 1-2-1 meetings and annual performance reviews
• Supervise the HR Co-ordinator in running recruitment campaigns, employee appointments and checks, monthly payroll changes and sign-off, maintenance of our Client's HR MIS system
Health & safety
• Manage Workforce Health and Safety including OH referrals, risk assessments and Health and Wellbeing Initiatives
• Promote and encourage use of our Client's Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), monitoring its use and employee feedback on the service
• Have worked in an HR Manager capacity
• CIPD qualified
• Experience in the housing / not for profit sector strongly preferred
• Advising managers and problem-solving on the advice and interpretation of a wide range of employment issues
• Drafting and implementing employment policies
• Understanding of working with and implementing a training plan
• Contributing to HR strategy
• Managing and developing staff
• Managing or supporting organisational change
• Strong analytical and numerical skills and at ease with manipulating data to produce reports
• Ability to operate at both a strategic and operational level
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
27 days ago
only 23 hours until close
18 days ago
only 10 days until close
18 days ago
only 10 days until close
17 days ago
only 11 days until close