about 1 year ago
Elevation HR are delighted to be working with a leading engineering firm based in Milton Keynes, who are seeking to appoint a HR Manager to support the stakeholders across the site on the full range of HR activities, this role will also have responsibility for 2 additional sites in the UK and some travel will be required.
The role will involve acting as a standalone site HR Manager, supporting the Plant Manager and Group HR Manager (based off-site), as well as senior stakeholders in Europe. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to an exceptional HR service, whilst maximising the potential of employees and driving the recognition of their 'employer of choice' goal.
The requirements of the role will be to cover all aspects of a generalist HR role and this is an excellent opportunity for an existing Senior HR Advisor, or developing HR Manager, to further develop their existing HR knowledge and skill base. The organisation is keen to develop and promote its employees and, as such, this could be a super career opportunity for the right candidate.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and coaching operational managers across the site
- Leading on Engagement initiatives to maximise moral and motivation within the business
- Working closely with the Union representatives, consulting on all areas of ER
- Managing the full recruitment process and the performance of recruitment agencies
- Overseeing the apprenticeship programme
- Advising and guiding line managers through performance management issues
- Overseeing investigations, disciplinaries and managing all long-term absence
- Supporting all learning and development activities
- Developing and delivering absence management reporting
- Involvement in Global HR projects as required
- Contributing to the wider UK country wide HR initiatives
Elevation HR would be keen to speak with candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Strong capability to coach and develop managers and stakeholders
- Demonstrate a robust and rigorous approach, with the maturity and confidence to support senior stakeholders as required
- Ability to operate autonomously, you must be self-starter and be comfortable giving sound advice and making independent decisions
- Experience of operating in an Unionised environment would be desirable
- CIPD Qualified
- Previous HRM/HR Advisor experience in a full generalist capacity
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with a motivated and self-disciplined approach to work
There may also be the requirement to travel to other UK sites for team meetings or HQ visits and, as a Global business, some flexibility to working with different time zones on occasions.
Elevation HR is a specialist division of Elevation Recruitment Group, if you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, we would love to hear from you.