9 months ago
We are one of the region’s newest Educational Academic Trusts and as a result of our ongoing drive to provide first class educational environments we are now seeking a commercially astute, business focused and outcome orientated HR Manager/HRBP to become an integral member of the senior management team within our four school.
SALARY: £45,000 - £55,000
BENEFITS: Pension + 33 days holidays + statutory bank holidays + Benefits.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Milton Keynes, Bedford, Rugby, Coventry, Kettering, Corby
As the HR Manager/HRBP you will be tasked with building and maintaining effective strategic relationships with the Heads and our management teams. The aim is to move HR from being seen as purely advisory to one that is fundamental and central to the success of our four schools achieving their goals and creating a ‘One Trust’ shared culture.
This role will definitely appeal to someone who wants to take complete ownership of the day-to-day hands-on HR function and have a major input in influencing current and future Trust strategies.
> Become a key and active member of the leadership team; contributing to and influencing the development and delivery of the organisations HR strategy.
> Design & develop a comprehensive suite of HR policies and procedures to be shared across the four schools
> Work closely with the Heads and their associated departmental leaders, by providing expert, guidance and advice, coaching and support on all HR related matters.
> Work with the Heads to lead transformational change projects ensuring compliance with all legislation, policies and best practice.
> Drive employee engagement initiatives.
> Act as an effective coach and guide to leaders on how to deliver business outputs, engage as employers, manage people and employee relations issues to build a performance based culture.
> Support business leaders to develop their leadership skills and enable them to explore and challenge their thinking by acting as a critical friend.
> Add HR values to transformational change projects ensuring compliance with all legislation, H&S, policies and best practice.
> Ensure ER processes are compliance with ACAS guidelines, provide guidance to managers and minimise exposure to business risk.
> To be responsible for overseeing the correct implementation of GDPR
> Manage negotiations with Trade Unions.
* Supportive of the ethos of the school
* Chartered Membership of CIPD or another relevant qualification or commensurate experience
* Experience of working within education would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite
* Operational & Strategic HR background able to operate as a true commercial partner through the delivery of value added activity
* An understanding of and commitment to safeguarding issues
* Ability to provide pragmatic and consistent advice and guidance on a broad range of generalist HR Management policies and procedures
* Ability to translate strategy & objectives into clearly defined people plans
* Substantial experience of driving employee engagement initiatives
* Sound working knowledge of UK employment legislation and practical experience of applying this knowledge
* Highly developed stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to influence both the commercial and HR agenda
* Skilled at managing resistance to change and the expectations of senior managers
* Capable of providing senior management coaching, mentoring, guidance and training
* Experience of leading change projects within a unionised environment
We are one of the region’s newest Educational Charitable Trusts responsible for four individual Academy run schools.
Central to the ethos of the Trust is our Catholic faith. We draw on this to promote a policy of inclusion and diversity, challenging inequalities and supporting individual difference. We strive for excellence in everything we do to ensure we provide a positive and caring learning environment for all our students and staff, enabling them to achieve their full potential.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: HR Manager, Head of HR, HRBP, HR Business Partner, Senior HRBP, Senior HR Business Partner, Strategic HR Business Partner, Lead HR Business Partner, Education, Academia, Academies, Charity, Charitable Trust, Not-for-Profit.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Tracey FitzGerald quoting HR Manager / HR Business Partner reference TF1803-35 to Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.