HR Manager (Resourcing)
They are looking for an enthusiastic HR Manager - Resourcing. Their vision for HR in Rutland is to support the Council to deliver excellence in people management - they genuinely want their people to be the best they can be.
They are a small HR team at Rutland and deliver a full range of HR services across the organisation of about 500 staff - their HR Manager role takes the lead on key service functions including recruitment and workforce development.
HR Manager Responsibilities:
- To support the Head of HR with the delivery of strategic, developmental and value-added HR services to support the Council to deliver against its strategic aims and objectives. Act as deputy to the Head of HR.
- Provide high quality and professional HR input that helps ‘future proof’ the organisation to manage business critical challenges.
- Work collaboratively across the HR team to ensure a joined up, consistent HR service that adds value to the organisation.
- Help managers become better managers through collaborative working, acting as a skilled influencer, problem solver and coach so that business issues can be resolved promptly and with pragmatism.
- Be an advocate for good employee relations, provide high quality tactical advice and guidance on employment law and provide HR support for complex employee relations/case management.
- Take responsibility for own Continuing Professional Development and maintain a portfolio showing evidence of development.
HR Manager Requirements:
- Educated to Degree level/standard; CIPD Level 7
- Senior HR Adviser, Recruitment Consultant or Resourcing Manager across a range of work streams, such as Recruitment (attraction and assessment), Workforce Development (employee engagement solutions), Learning and Development design, and Onboarding
- Experience of search and delivery on hard to fill roles.
- Experience of employee relations/complex case management (Employment Tribunal level would be an advantage).
- Delivery of HR initiatives at a strategic/developmental level that has supported and enabled transformation/change - in particular on service delivery models and organisational design of structures.
- Previous experience within the Public sector would be an advantage; must have an appreciation of an HR service in a public sector context.
We anticipate being able to offer the opportunity for the post holder to work from the office and at home.
About the company:
Our client acts as ‘One Council’ in all they do, with each of them working together in the most effective way to meet the needs of their customers every day - if you share this ethos then they really want to hear from you.
Their offer to you…
They offer work that makes a difference to people’s lives, a safe working environment; structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme; occupational health service and flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
Location: Oakham, Rutland
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time
Salary: £40,876 to £42,821
Closing Date: 14 April 2021
Our client is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at their organisation has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
You may have experience of the following: Human Resources Manager, HR Manager, Human Resources Officer, HR Officer, Human Resources Generalist, HR Generalist, Human Resources Executive, HR Executive, Human Resources Business Partner, HR Business Partner, HRBP, Public Sector, Local Government, etc.