4 months ago
Our client is a Lancashire-based family business which was founded in Southport in 1863. Currently one of the county’s largest employers with more than 3,000 staff split between retail, wholesale, distribution, production and manufacturing.
The Company is located at Bowland View on the outskirts of Preston, overlooking Junction 31a of the M6. The site incorporates a food manufacturing facility, large offices and a food distribution warehouse covering 35,000 sq metres across three temperature zones – ambient, fresh and frozen. The site is an efficient, multifunctional distribution depot with excellent working conditions.
Position: Human Resources Officer
Location: Preston, with travel
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 38 hours per week
About the role:
Under the supervision of the Personnel & Training Director, the HR Officer is responsible for providing advice and guidance on all HR related matters, in line with best practice, employment legislation and Company policy.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures, which are aligned to business needs and current legislation
• Provide training, communication, advice and guidance on all Company employment policies and procedures to managers
• Continually review statements of main terms and conditions of employment in line with legislative and business changes, and ensure that all contractual documentation is updated and communicated
• Provide an effective advisory service to the Company’s management team regarding Company policy and all human resources issues, specifically including; recruitment, discipline and grievance, all types of absence and equality and diversity
• Monitor, check and send all personnel correspondence to ensure compliance with legislation, best practice and Company policy
• Provide support to the Company’s management team throughout recruitment campaigns including conducting interviews and assessment activities
• Effectively manage the acquisitions and sales of businesses ensuring compliance with the TUPE regulations
• Identify training needs in relation to Company employment policies and procedures for both wholesale and retail managers
• Design and deliver training programmes based on the management teams training needs
• Provide support and guidance to the HR admin team
• Must be fully CIPD qualified at Level 5, or equivalent
• Good employment law knowledge and the ability to put legislation into practice at work, specifically in relation to absence, employee relations, equality and diversity, recruitment and TUPE
• Experience of working in a generalist human resources role at HR Officer / Advisor level
• Experience of designing and delivering human resources related training
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• The ability to use the employee database system and obtain employee specific information and reports
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
5 days ago
only 23 days until close