We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced HR Officer at our client’s beautiful Hotel in Egham, Surrey.
Our client will consider both full time and part time people and they offer flexible working hours for the right candidate.
This Hotel is a Grade One listed building set amongst 50 acres of stunning gardens and parkland in Egham, Surrey. It has 43 bedrooms and has recently been awarded the coveted 4AA Red Star status.
This luxury romantic hotel in Surrey provides the perfect setting for a wedding with infinite opportunities for stunning photographs. The hotel also provides a unique luxurious retreat for meetings and conferences. The hotel has two restaurants, The Estate Grill (2AA Rosettes) and The Tudor Room (3AA Rosettes and 1 Michelin Star).
The Job of HR Officer
This is an exciting opportunity to join a 4AA Red Star property in a full time permanent role. This is a stand-alone role which would suit an experienced Officer/Advisor looking to take on some additional responsibility and develop their career.
The HR Officer is responsible for the following:
• Management of the day to day HR function and activities
• Recruiting staff - this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking applications, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates
• Job offers - including advice on reward packages, producing offer letters, contracts, obtaining references
• New starter process - issue of welcome packs, uniforms, locker keys, bank letters, set up on payroll and clocking in machine
• Coordination of pensions
• Induction and on boarding of new recruits
• Working closely with the HODs to ensure policies and procedures are adhered to
• Processing of a weekly payroll on a Monday morning and monthly payroll including new starters, leavers, changes etc
• Management of the HR and payroll systems, training managers on the use of HR Systems
• Leaver process including return of uniform, lockers, issue of P45, exit interviews
• Management of Pavillion (staff accommodation), sending new starters, leavers and dealing with any issues that arise
• Responding to general queries from staff
• Management of uniform, stock take and ordering
• Arranging/Delivering H&S training as required
• Staff recognition – acknowledgement of birthdays, work anniversaries etc.
• Advising on staff performance and conduct issues
• A minimum of two years’ experience in a HR role
• Experience of payroll essential
• Experience of ADP Freedom and EzLM is preferable but not essential
• Experienced in recruiting up to Management level
• Hotel/Hospitality experience strongly preferred
• Excellent presentation and attention to detail
• Confident communicator
• Highly motivated and able to plan, prioritize and manage own workload
• Ability to work under pressure
• CIPD qualification desirable but not essential
For the role of HR Officer our client offers:
• A salary of £23,000 to £25,000 per annum, depending on experience
• 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with some flexibility on hours to be worked
• Discounted room rates and F&B after 6 months.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Hotel, hr, human resources, CIPD, employment, staffing, recruitment,