Our client is the leading provider of Employee Car Ownership Schemes in the UK, delivering complete solutions that span consultancy and scheme design through to implementation and fleet management. We have a strong client base in Automotive and Corporate sectors, working in partnership with 25 manufacturer brands to deliver schemes to more than 300 businesses and 2000 franchise dealerships.
Position: HR Officer (Maternity Cover)
Location: Head Office, Bury
Job type: Full time, Fixed Term Contract Maternity Cover
Hours: 9-5 Monday - Friday
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 Days Holiday (incl. buy and sell scheme), Generous Pension Scheme, Car Scheme, Death in Service, Private Medical Insurance and Cash Plan (incl. EAP), Free Car Parking, Fruit at Work, Professional Qualification Sponsorship, Free Social Events.
About the role:
To provide a comprehensive HR generalist service to all areas of the business in relation to the recruitment, benefits, engagement, wellbeing and support of our client's team.
The Challenge Ahead
The People, Culture & Values Department is responsible for providing a transparent, open and supportive environment for all our client's people, through a comprehensive People Strategy and Plan, which strengthens the business’s core values and culture in alignment with the corporate objectives, ambitions and goals.
- Play a key role in recruitment and selection, identifying relevant methods of recruitment to source high calibre candidates, within the recruitment budget.
- Foster excellent relationships with recruitment agencies and other external sources, re-evaluating the PSL on an annual basis.
- Coordinate all stages of the recruitment process including development of role profiles for new positions, creating adverts, benchmarking and all onboarding administration.
- Use the recruitment ATS to ensure a seamless and effective recruitment process, including in the production of metrics and reports.
- Assist the Head of People, Culture & Values in activities relating to the People Strategy and Plan, including but not limited to, engagement, reward and succession planning.
- Act as payroll lead, processing monthly payroll in an accurate and timely manner using Sage, keeping abreast of any payroll changes or legislation and payroll knowledge updated.
- Provide confidential advice and support to Heads of Department, Managers and employees, ensuring advice is timely, pragmatic and compliant.
- Coordinate the performance review processes, ensuring deadlines are met and records maintained.
- Review, update and suggest recommendations for changes to HR Policies and Procedures and Company Handbook.
- Support the L&D Officer in L&D initiatives when required throughout the business, including delivering induction sessions and HR related training.
- Support and coordinate the development and implementation of PCV initiatives and processes.
- Prepare reports for the Head of People, Culture & Values including monitoring and reporting on HR metrics such as sickness absence and attrition.
- Contributing towards H&S and wellbeing activities throughout the business.
- General HR administration including benefits, pensions and maintaining accurate employee records.
- Promoting the client's Employer Brand through positive and professional representation and working with the Head of People, Culture & Values and the Marketing Team.
- Supporting the Head of People, Culture & Values with a range of initiatives including Investors in People, Best Companies to Work For, Wellbeing and Coaching.
- Level 5 CIPD Qualification.
- Previous experience in a generalist HR Officer role.
- Up to date knowledge and experience running payroll is essential.
- Previous experience using Sage is desirable.
- Previous experience managing recruitment processes.
- Previous experience of administering rewards and benefits including PMI and pensions.
- Up to date employment law knowledge and understanding of implications on the business of this.
- Ability to adopt a curious and analytical approach and challenge in a positive way.
- Excellent verbal communicator with the ability to develop relationships across all areas of the business including at Director level.
- Professional writing skills including emails, reports, presentations, correspondence and policies.
- Meticulous attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Organised and efficient to meet deadlines and deliver objectives.
- Ability to adapt and hit the ground running.
- Personal credibility and professionalism.
- Decisive thinker and influencer.
- Commercial awareness relating to the HR arena.
- Strong work ethic, flexibility and reliability.
- Motivated self-starter who demonstrates a proactive approach and initiative.
- A credible and professional approach to all tasks and in representing our client and their Employer Brand.
- Ability to work in line with Customer Centricity values.
- Ability to work in line with the client's Core Values of pride, integrity, accountability, continuous improvement and enjoyment.
- IT literate – MSOffice and HR Software.
You may have experience of the following: HR Services Officer, HR Officer, HR Business Partner, HR Manager, HR Advisor, HR Support, Human Resources, etc.