9 months ago
The Human Resources Officer will ensure compliance with employment law and best practice through the implementation and development of human resources policies, procedures, manuals and training.
HR Officer Responsibilities:
- Review, develop and implement employment policies and procedures aligned to business needs, current legislation and best practice and ensure the management team comply with these policies.
- Provide training, guidance and support with recruitment and selection activity, ensuring compliance with legislation and Company policy.
- Effectively manage the acquisitions and sales of businesses ensuring compliance with TUPE and redundancy regulations.
- Support the delivery of an annual training plan, delivering sessions on all aspects of people management.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers in areas such as absence management, employee relations, performance, legislation, equality and diversity and capability.
HR Officer Requirements:
- Level 5 CIPD or equivalent qualification / experience.
- Knowledge and experience in a generalist human resources role.
- Understanding of TUPE and redundancy processes.
- Ability to design e-learning and classroom training and deliver classroom training to managers.
- Driving licence and own vehicle for travel throughout the North East of England and to Bowland View (Preston) when necessary.
- Flexibility in working hours in order to meet business needs.
Why Choose our client\'s Group of Companies?
All their Group of Companies have a similar culture and their way of doing things is vital to their success. They’re passionate people, determined to do whatever necessary to make their customers happy.
About our client:
They can trace their roots back to 1863 when their founder opened a bacon cutting business and retail shop in Southport, Lancashire. The Group of Companies has operated in Lancashire for over 150 years. They believe that their success is due to the team work, skills and commitment of their employees.
The post holder will work within their Blyth office, providing generalist HR services to their retail stores in the North East of England. The post holder will be fully supported by the HR team based in Bowland View, Preston. The post holder will need to be willing to travel.
Location: Blyth, Northumberland, NE24 5PP
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Benefits: As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays which apply to all the Group of Companies, they have specific benefits which include: Employee Assistance Programme, Christmas hamper, Annual dinner dance, Free car parking, Training and development opportunities.
Closing date for applications: 15th December, 2019
You may have experience of the following: HR Services Officer, HR Officer, HR Business Partner, HR Manager, HR Advisor, HR Support, Human Resources,