7 months ago
HR Officer – Temporary Maternity Cover
An exciting opportunity has become available within the HR Department of a growing Manufacturing business. The role would suit a candidate who is looking to further their HR career in the private sector by experiencing all aspects of the generalist HR environment during this fixed term opportunity. The candidate should have Level 3 CIPD qualification (or the equivalent working experience in a HR role in the private sector) and ideally working towards Level 5.
Reporting to the HR Manager and with support of a HR Administrator, duties would include (but not limited to):
- Being a point of contact for all HR related queries from Site Managers, Operational teams and employees
- Providing support to sites on disciplinary matters, grievances, absence and OH which is in line with current employment law
- Attending formal meetings, hearings and mediations including notetaking, advising and holding the meetings
- Using our electronic HR/Payroll system to update and maintain information for employees, including setting up new starters, capturing Right to Work information etc.
- Obtaining, chasing up and responding to documentation, for example Exit Interviews, Flexible Working requests, Employment References
- Providing support with recruitment using our ATS, liaising with recruitment agencies and assisting with interview support
- Facilitating use of the Apprenticeship Levy by liaising with training providers, sites and apprentices and managing additional site training through external providers
- Supporting the HR Manager with HR related projects and providing holiday cover for the HR Administrator
The organisation is based in the UK, currently with 20 sites and over 800 employees. Whilst the company is split into different divisions, the centralised HR and Payroll department cover the whole organisation. Our client continues to grow which requires the candidate to have great people skills, be adaptable to change and be flexible in their approach.
Previous use of a HR/Payroll electronic or web based system would be an advantage.
Based in Barwell in Leicestershire with the opportunity to work from home, there would be occasional travel required to other sites to assist the operational Management teams with HR issues. This can be discussed more at interview.
Benefits include 22 days holiday per year, salary sacrifice pension scheme, death in service benefit, company laptop, phone and other benefits to be discussed.
You may have experience of the following: HR Administrator, Human Resources Administrator, HR Assistant, Human Resources Assistant, HR Officer, Human Resources Officer, HR Executive, Human Resources Executive, etc.