11 months ago
LOCATION: Based at Bellshill (South Glasgow) – will require regional travel to other surrounding sites
JOB TITLE: HR Operations Manager / Human Resources Area Manager
SALARY & BENEFITS: circa £35,000 to £38,000 dependent on experience plus car allowance, fuel card and other benefits
WORKING HOURS: Full Time – will require travel and occasional overnight stays (expenses covered)
THE COMPANY: Our client is a well-respected prisoner transportation company that runs the contract for the Scottish Court Custody and Prisoner Escorting Service (SCCPES), on behalf of the Scottish Prison Service and Criminal Justice Partners and provide all court custody and escorting services in Scotland, based from eight vehicle bases and covering all court locations. They now seek an experienced HR Operations Manager / Human Resources Area Manager to be based in their Bellshill, South Glasgow area, however this role will require travel to other sites within the region.
THE ROLE: As a HR Operations Manager / Human Resources Area Manager you will work in partnership with the Account Director for the assigned region to design and deliver the people strategy across the region through the operational management team. This is a role where you will be required to optimise the performance of the operational teams through effective leadership, driving performance management, change management and people management.
As a HR Operations Manager / Human Resources Area Manager you will also manage and lead the HR support co-ordinator in the region in delivering all HR transactional activity including ER case management, absence management, recruitment effectively and to a high standard.
You will also deliver a people strategy that focusses on building capability and driving performance, improving employee engagement and developing a clear talent pool for all roles
Key Duties for the HR Operations Manager / Human Resources Area Manager role: -
- Partner the business to build and deliver a resourcing plan for your region that ensures the company have the right people in the right place at the right time
- To coach and up skill operational managers in delivering people management in their area
- Improve employee engagement across the region through employee engagement plans designed and delivered through the RMs and TMs
- Custodian of talent planning for your region including quality PDRs at all levels, talent and career mapping that delivers improved performance ratings and a talent pool for all roles
- To effectively manage your HR support for your region in delivering ER, absence management, redundancy, HR policies and procedures ensuring KPI targets are met
- Custodian of HR KPIs for region including attendance, attrition and ER targets
- Consultant and advisor in high risk and complex issues/ER cases
- Build effective relationships with union ensuring key deliverables are met and actioned
- Champion business change and continuous improvement, leading and embedding business change programmes
- Support HR Business Change manager in implementing key HR projects across the region
- Working in partnership with HR operation managers and HR Service Deliver Manager to deliver people plan across the business
As a HR Operations Manager / Human Resources Area Manager you will have up to date knowledge of HR best practices and will have the ability to work well under pressure and to tight time deadlines, as well as being a flexible team player who can support the wider Service Centre as and when required. You must be dedicated, have excellent organisations and planning skills, and be able to prioritise well whilst still meeting deadlines in what can sometimes be a reactive environment. You should have strong IT Skills, be someone who takes ownership of a task and sees it through to completion, has exceptional verbal/written communication skills and proven multi-tasking experience in a fast-paced environment. This role will require you to cover the Bellshill and surrounding sites so must be able to travel between locations and be prepared for occasional overnight stays (will be reimbursed with expenses along with
a generous salary and other benefits).
Key Experience/ Characteristics preferred for the HR Operations Manager / Human Resources Area Manager role: -
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight time deadlines, as well as a flexible team player who can support the wider Service Centre as and when required
- Will need to have a Valid Driving Licence and be able to travel between locations with occasional overnight stays
- Strong IT skills, including good knowledge of Excel
- Ability to take ownership of a task and see it through to completion
- Ability to communicate effectively and think ahead, plan work and meet deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven multi-tasking experience in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible approach
- Capable of working under tight deadlines in a fast paced, environment.
28 days ago
only 7 hours until close
25 days ago
only 3 days until close
23 days ago
only 5 days until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close