About the Opportunity
As a HR Operation Supervisor at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on providing a best in class HR administration and first line HR advisory service in the UK and Ireland. You will deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you’ll join our askHR team in Hatfield and report to the Director of HR Shared Services. You will manage a team of HR Administration Specialists supporting the UK and Ireland while working as part of the Pitney Bowes North America, UK and Ireland HR Shared Services team.
This position is located in Hatfield UK
You will be responsible for:
• Manage the team of HR Administration Specialists.
• Ability to make hiring and termination decisions in accordance with policies and best practices
• Provides timely, specific performance feedback to team members and coach for improvement
• Mentor and ensure continuous development of individuals
• Manage all people related issues
• Ensure workload and responsibilities are clearly defined among the team to enable the provision of excellent customer service.
• Provide support to the team
• Communicate regularly with the team to ensure they are updated on business performance and developments
• Demonstrates a high-level customer service with the ability to remain professional in pressure situations.
• Ensure day-to-day task and projects are correctly recorded in Remedy (ticket system), completed timely, accurately, and within SLA guidelines as applicable.
• Ensure processes and documentation are kept up-to-date
• Conduct root cause analysis and reviews of processes identifying and implementing process improvements.
• Resolve escalations from the team, vendors, and clients ensuring that all stakeholders are kept fully informed
• Work with the Senior HR Business Consultant (ER/Policy/Projects) to ensure that the team is up to date with any developments in UK and Ireland employment legislation and best practice HR administration.
• Maintain a partnership with the Senior HR Business Consultant (ER/Policy/Projects) to understand the impact of changes to legislation on policy and processes.
• Liaise and develop partnerships with key areas (HR Business Consultants, Payroll, Talent Acquisition, IT, and Procurement) to ensure positive flow of work product, provide support to cross functional processes and to work on process improvements.
• Administer and perform a variety of team and individual reporting and metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
• Experience managing a diverse team with the proven ability to effectively train, coach, mentor, and lead creating a cohesive team environment.
• Proven management experience working in a customer service environment
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Previous administration experience with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
• Proven ability to influence at a strategic level
• Proactive, Enthusiastic and Motivated
• Able to operate confidently and collaborate at all levels within the business
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything, we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.