Job Title: HR & Recruitment Administrator
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Express Solicitors is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in all areas of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence. We pride ourselves in the work we do helping injured people.
We are Law Society accredited and are a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of our Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel and one is a member of the Law Society Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel.
Our employees are our most important asset and have been instrumental in helping us recover millions of pounds each year for injured people. No doubt at Express Solicitors we rate skill and ability above all else and our recruitment policy encourages applications from all.
Due to internal promotions and business growth, they're looking for a HR & Recruitment Administrator to join a well-established HR Department. You will primarily be working closely with the HR Partner, the Recruitment Manager& the team to drive forward the firm's recruitment strategy as well as supporting recruiting and onboarding activities during this very busy expansion phase. You will also offer ad hoc support to the wider HR team.
Your responsibilities include the daily absence list, filing CV's, scheduling calls and interviews, maintaining candidate database and handling paperwork. They're a team of 5 and this is a newly created position to support the growth of the business. They anticipate this will be an office-based position once usual times apply with the possibility of 1 day a week work from home.
If you have some experience in HR Administration or a CIPD qualified person and you're an excellent organizer and administrator, they'd like to meet you.
- Maintaining absence records: updating holiday, sickness, medical and authorised absences on the HR system. Checking employees input correctly on the HR system
- Daily absence summary email to all staff
- Dealing with day-to-day enquiries from staff
- Supporting the HR Team with project work e.g. absenteeism initiatives, company newsletter, improvement to the HR system and general policies and procedures
- Liaising with new starters upon offer of employment, producing and sending contracts of employment, requesting references and coordinating new starter set-up on system
- Updating the company website with new starters and leavers
- General administration of the recruitment process i.e. interview confirmation, rejection letters. Scope to take over parts of the interview process
- Arranging and booking training, keeping training records up to date
- Schedule interviews and keep calendars for all hiring teams and candidates
- Booking appropriate interview rooms / MS Teams
- Resolve issues as fast as possible (e.g. interview cancellations)
- Assist with new hire onboarding (e.g. preparing documents, coordinating orientation agendas)
- Evidence of excellent attention to detail and total confidentiality
- Familiarity with HR Administration or HR Qualification is a distinct advantage
- Experience using HR systems and recruitment software and social networks for recruiting
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving ability
- The salary is £16,842.80 or £17,910.88 based on National Minimum Wage criteria
- Standard working hours are 8:30am to 5:30am Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday
- Excellent training & development - they provide on the job training, daily HR calls and excellent career prospects
- 20 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 23 days, plus bank/public hols. In addition, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and you are not required to use your holiday entitlement for this period
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service
- Death in Service - 2 x salary based on annual salary only - eligibility commences when you join the company
- Active social committee, firm pays for trips e.g. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24-hour helpline, Legal info and CBT - available immediately
- Free fruit delivered twice a week
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Human Resources Administrator, Administrator, Recruitment Assistant, HR Admin, HR Coordinator, Recruitment Admin, Recruitment Coordinator will also be considered for this role.