Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that is dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies. We offer an extensive array of award-winning products across the world ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices.
As HR Systems Manager you will lead a small team, you will be responsible for maintaining our 'Business as Usual' systems activities whilst also focusing on the implementation of new functionality and regular upgrades in order to meet our business needs. The team regularly have to manipulate data using tools such as Excel, so you'll be really comfortable with lookups and complex formulas.
You and your team will be responsible for co-ordinating and managing systems related projects as part of an overall project management process, ensuring that project is completed within the budget, schedule, and pre-determined quality objectives.
The role is based out of our Sales and Marketing Offices, in Hemel Hempstead, UK with travel expected across Europe as required.
- Manage HRIS systems, ensuring that the systems support Epson's values, behaviours, business goals and UK and European legal requirements
- Provide regular update reports to Senior HR & Systems Manager, and the Senior HR Leadership team. Act as an interface between stakeholders and subject matter experts, co-ordinating between the various stakeholder groups to ensure effective communication and timelines.
- Lead HRIS related projects including; for each project, ensuring that they (or nominated project manager) develop and monitor appropriate documentation and project plans ensuring that risks and issues are tracked and followed up on, and progress is being reported accurately.
- Analyse existing paper and electronic HR processes, and develop/recommend ways of digitising processes based upon system capabilities, whilst maximising return on investment
- Ensuring that any proposed upgrades, changes or additional technologies are analysed against business need before being rolled out.
- Ensuring that a robust change control is maintained and chairing Change Board meetings in relation to HR Systems. Identify and proactively communicate to leadership any changes which are proposed. Provide updates to leadership team on the status of projects including leading project meetings, the development of project dashboard/reporting to provide increased transparency on key project metrics that includes overall status, milestones, budget, risks, etc.
- Manage the development; testing and implementation of system changes/developments, ensuring formalised procedures are adopted.
- Ensure that UAT (User Acceptance Testing) is conducted in a timely manner, developing test scripts as appropriate
- Act as the first point of contact with third party software companies, escalating matters to the attention of the Senior HR & Systems Manager when appropriate.
- Design and deliver technical user training for the systems
- Ensure that employee data is robustly secure and adequate data protection controls and security are in place with our suite of HR systems
- Ensure that accurate documentation (minutes/project plans/guides) are available at all times.
- Ensure that HR team responsibilities during all phases i.e. implementation and go-live are being met. Escalate matters as appropriate to ensure that project timelines are adhered to, giving awareness to business needs
Skills & Experience Required:
- Excellent knowledge of HR Information systems gained across a number of organisations
- Knowledge of Success Factors is preferable, Lumesse TalentLink and iiPay is desirable
- Good understanding of SAP Success Factors reporting or another reporting tool is required
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and ability to manipulate data using Excel.
- Strong reporting and data analysis skills and a strong working knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience of managing HRIS projects as a project lead/project manager, within dynamic change environments. With experience of identifying requirements, testing, implementation, on-going development and review. Excellent Project Management skills, ideally gained through formal project management training (APM/PRINCE2)
- Effective persuading & influencing skills gained from within a complex matrix organisation, with the ability to manage stakeholders at a variety of levels
- Deadline focussed with the ability to consistently maintain high level of accuracy
- Creative problem-solving skills, capable of visualising a problem context/situation, develop resolution options
- Naturally self-motivated and able to work proactively without day to day direction
- Able to comfortably deliver presentations and training
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in business related discipline
- Ability to converse in European language(s)
- Background in generalist HR, with the ability to relate HR systems to the requirements of the resourcing and HR professionals
Epson makes products for a wide range of customers and we are committed to having a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and with an outstanding suite of benefits. Colleagues based in our offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead work in an excellent waterside location with close proximity to Apsley train station, onsite parking and a subsidised restaurant.