HR Team Leader
'What makes it so great to work here? Firstly, It's the people. 1,300 of us from 44 different nationalities working across 11 offices in the UK and Ireland. It's also our clients. We get to work with the world's biggest and best brands. Most of all though, it's the culture. We want you to be you - and we want to help you excel and grow in your career with us.'
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 with long service
- The option to buy even more holiday!
- A great contributory pension with a highly elite pension provider
- Fantastic private healthcare package
- First class training support and development opportunities
- Gain Invaluable Nielsen experience on your CV
The HR Shared Service Team facilitates all employee lifecycle transactions in a seamless way and our aim is to provide a platinum level of support to all Nielsen associates across the breadth of Nielsen entities. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice and offer a wide range of employee benefits. The HR Shared Services Team provide the administration support required to ensure that the operation of the benefits meets the needs of all Nielsen Associates.
As the HR Team Leader, you will lead and direct the HR Shared Services Team to execute all frontline HR processes for Nielsen associates in the UK, including onboarding, employee life-cycle events and off-boarding including the administration of pay and benefits.
You'll also provide consultation to associates on topics that cover a full range of HR-related policies, including relocations, flexible work arrangements and leaves of absence, payroll and benefits.
As the HR Team Leader, you have the opportunity to build a network across the different centres of excellence in HR and across the HR team globally. Additionally, you'll be expected to identify opportunities to enhance the HR shared services model and drive the solutions and ultimately implement changes.
The role is hands on and we are looking for someone who is customer focused, personable yet professional, exhibits good attention to detail and able to work in a high volume, high pressure environment.
This would be a great opportunity for an experienced HR generalist that wants to take the next step in their career as a HR Team Leader, manage a small team and get involved in a variety of operational and strategic processes within the business, or a HR Advisor with previous supervisory and customer service experience.
- Responsible for leading the Shared Service Team to ensure that SLA's are met. Provide statistics to reflect volume of workload and productivity of the Shared Service Team
- Objective setting and performance reviews for the Shared Service Team. Ensure that the Team are kept up to date with changes in Employment Law and Nielsen policies
- Coach, advise and guide the Shared Service Team on Nielsen policies and payroll & benefits. Provide ongoing training and ensure effective rotation of key admin activities
- Payroll gatekeeper, responsible for checking the monthly payroll and preparing validation reports in accordance with global payroll guidelines
- Perform regular validation exercises to ensure accuracy of the HR and Payroll database. Assist year end validation exercises and support merit review process
- Manage the annual calendar of HR Admin activities ensuring that all tasks are undertaken to specified timescales
- Work with third party benefit providers to ensure service levels are met and perform ongoing process reviews to ensure best practice. Providers include; the car fleet, pension, childcare voucher, cycle to work and employee wellness providers
- Work with the offshore Data Input Team to ensure that SLA's are met
- Maintain the dedicated HR resource site, ensuring that the site provides an effective information platform for Nielsen Associates to answer frequently asked questions on HR processes and policies
- Undertake process related projects and initiatives relevant to the Shared Service Model, including UAT, training and implementation
- Excellent organisation skills, can prioritise workload effectively, and work accurately, at speed, displaying exemplary attention to detail.
- Discretion, tact, sensitivity, recognises need for confidentiality.
- Proactive problem solver, resourceful, demonstrates initiative, has a can-do attitude, works well independently.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in dealing with all levels of employees and building effective professional relationships across all departments and with external providers.
- Is discreet, tactful, recognises need for confidentiality
- Sound knowledge of all Microsoft and Google IT systems, experience of HR information systems desirable, ideally SAP
- Experience in a highly matrixed environment and/or experience working in a complex global organisation with multiple business entities would be an advantage
- Knowledge of payroll processes, PAYE and Pension Auto Enrolment regulations highly advantageous
- CIPD Qualified or equivalent qualification or experience
Primary Location: Oxford,Oxfordshire