7 months ago
Elevation HR are delighted to be working with a leading engineering firm based in South Yorkshire who are seeking to appoint a site HR Advisor.
The role will involve acting as a standalone site HR Advisor, supporting the Plant Manager and Group HR Manager (based in the South). The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to an exceptional HR service, whilst maximising the potential of employees and driving the recognition of their 'employer of choice' goal.
The requirements of the role will be to cover all aspects of a generalist HR role and this is an excellent opportunity for an existing HR Advisor, or developing HR Assistant, to further develop their existing HR knowledge and skill base.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and coaching operational managers across the site
- Managing all HR administrative tasks
- Leading on Engagement initiatives to maximise moral and motivation within the business
- Working closely with the Union representatives, first line consultation on ER
- Managing the recruitment process and the performance of recruitment agencies
- Overseeing the apprenticeship programme
- Advising and guiding Line Managers through first level performance management issues
- Overseeing investigations, disciplinaries and managing all long-term absence
- Supporting on Learning and Development activities
- Developing and delivering absence management reporting
- Involvement in HR projects
Elevation HR would be keen to speak with candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Strong capability to coach and support managers and senior stakeholders
- Maturity and confidence to operate autonomously
- Experience of operating in an Unionised environment
- Graduate or CIPD Level 3 or 5 Qualified
- Previous HR Advisor/HR Assistant experience in a full generalist capacity
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and a motivated and self-disciplined approach to work
There may also be the requirement to travel to other UK sites for team meetings or HQ visits
Elevation HR is a specialist division of Elevation Recruitment Group, if you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, we would love to hear from you.