Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 16th February 2018
The company has developed, manufactured and supplied plastic products. It is a truly global company with 3000 employees and with production sites in Sweden, Germany, UK, Poland, Romania, China, Malaysia and Turkey.
There are four production sites; Stamford Bridge, Pickering, Larkhall, and Canning Brett which together employ over 1500 people.
They have an immediate requirement for a HR Assistant who will operate as the sole HR Representative for the Canning Brett site. The post holder will provide and deliver a range HR and general administrative services in order to fulfil business requirements
The post holder will co-ordinate with the site management team, and the wider UK Automotive HR team to ensure that all HR functions and administrative responsibilities are aligned to the company philosophy.
- Assist in the provision HR administration support to all employees to ensure a high quality consistent HR service
- Manage time and attendance profiles for all employees, addressing timekeeping and absence issues as appropriate
- Assist the relevant manager with Return to Work interviews, resolving complex absence cases
- Implement a site training plan, with a training matrix for all roles, including the facilitation of the identified training courses
- Assist with the development and implementation of HR initiatives, ensuring best practice is applied across site
- Ensure employee document retention is sustained, with confidentiality maintained at all times
- Develop and create Job Descriptions for site positions
- In conjunction with the relevant manager, lead the resolution of ER issues, including Grievance and Discipline, Absence Management, Performance Management and Appraisal
- In conjunction with the relevant manager, coordinate the recruitment and selection process and the performance management and appraisal process
- Coordinate with the Employee Benefits team to provide guidance and support on pay issues and statutory provisions e.g. maternity leave
- Construct and communicate the site weekly newsletter
- Lead site CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiatives
- Process the necessary administrative tasks associated with day-to-day HR queries and issues
- Support with the administration of travel and hotel arrangements as required
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the Senior Management Team
- CIPD Qualified (or studying towards)
- Demonstrable ability to operate as the sole HR representative on site
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, be proactive and offer a solution-oriented approach
- Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels
- Ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic approach to work
- Advanced IT Skills
- Previous experience of using a CHRIS system or Time and Attendance would be advantageous
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; HR Assistant, Human Resources Assistant, Human Resources Executive, HR Assistant, Human Resources Administrator, HR Advisor, Human Resources Advisor, HR Generalist, HR Officer, HR Admin, Recruitment Assistant may also be considered for this role.