Human Resources Manager
LAL Language Centres was set up in 1980 and offers language courses with leisure programmes for adults and young learners around the world. The LAL group of schools is owned by a large German tour operator, FTI Touristik, the third largest travel operator in Germany. LAL has schools for adults in Boston, London, Torbay, Florida, Cape Town, Malta and Gozo. We also run residential summer schools in the UK, USA and Malta.
We are now recruiting for the position of a Human Resources Manager. The position is on full-time permanent basis, and can be based in either Torbay or London.
The successful candidate will loyally report to LAL Senior Management, with dotted lines to other members of the group.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Developing, reviewing and redrafting policies, procedures and guidelines to support the organisation through change and growth, and monitoring the application and the compliance of same.
- Evaluating individual and organisational development needs, designing and delivering training programmes, implementing various learning methods as necessary, and assessing the degree of success of the same.
- Recruitment support including sourcing, screening, interviewing, and job offers as needed
- Employee performance reviews
- Managing probation periods and liaising with managers for written notes
- Managing the performance appraisals system and completing salary reviews with support from managers
- Providing support to the management team for all employee relations, conflict resolution and performance management matters and ensuring effective communication of same to management as necessary.
The successful candidate is likely to have the following qualifications and attributes.
- BA/BSc or similar, or full CIPD qualified, with three years work experience in a similar role
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- A sound understanding of UK Employment law
- A meticulous, but practical approach to detail
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to travel to other locations in the UK, as well as outside occasionally.
- Experience in a medium-sized multi-site corporate environment
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional who would like to broaden their work experience or seek advancement. Kindly submit your CV as well as a motivation letter by no later than Friday 10th November 2017 explaining why you feel you would be an excellent fit for the role.