Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Manchester, M15
Salary: £35,442-£38,078, depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 12 noon on Friday 2nd February 2018
Interviews: the week beginning 12th February 2018
Ref: 38/2017 (please ensure you quote this reference in your application and if emailing please include in the subject line)
The College is currently recruiting for an HR Manager to be responsible for the operational management of the HR function so as to ensure that all HR matters are managed effectively and support the delivery of strategic priorities in order that the College can deliver a high quality teaching and learning experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise and support the Principal and Senior Leadership and Management Teams on strategic and operational HR Matters, including the impact of legislative and sector decisions taken at national level as they apply to staff in Sixth Form Colleges.
- Maintaining effective professional links with specialist bodies and college and HR networks, including the Sixth Form Colleges' Association to improve the HR operations at the College.
- In conjunction with senior staff, reviewing and revising HR policies so that they meet the needs of the College, are legally compliant and reflect best practice and to be responsible for the process of their implementation.
- To support the regular review of the organisational structure (including roles and responsibilities) to ensure it is fit for purpose and meeting requirements.
- Providing a specialist service in advising and supporting senior staff with issues relating to their staff including disciplinary, capability, grievance, sickness absence management, redundancy, etc.
- Develop a recruitment strategy to meet the needs of the College and manage the College recruitment procedure and administration for permanent and temporary staff, incorporating College, safer recruitment and legal requirements.
- Maintaining the Single Central Record for the College to ensure it is up to date and accurate.
- Processing all employment administration including the production of all contractual documentation including variations /amendments, subject to college procedures and in a timely manner.
- Manage the operation of the induction programme for all new staff including provision and administration for NQTs and RQTs and other training as required.
- Liaising with the Senior Assistant Principal: Finance and Resources, Accountant and external agencies to ensure the correct information is provided to enable the effective operation of payroll.
- Administrative management of the staff development system, so that it operates within budget and meets the needs of the College and individual staff.
- Administrative management of the Staff Support Programme, ensuring reports are processed on time and progress reported.
- Administrative management of the Appraisal Process and Performance Related Pay.
- Manage the Occupational Heath referrals where appropriate, liaising with managers and staff on outcomes and advising on next steps.
- Managing systems for recording and monitoring staff absence, identifying staff where absence needs to be addressed and conducting absence interviews in line with College policy. Collating data on the holiday arrangements for senior managers and support staff.
- Ensuring the effective operation of quality assurance systems, especially through contributing to the self-assessment process including writing and presenting an annual Self-Assessment Report for the area and to carry out the Action Plan, meeting its targets as set out in the report and to report on progress
They are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, reliable and suitably experienced individual for the key role of HR Manager.
- Significant previous experience in an HR role
- Previous experience /understanding of an educational environment
Skills and Knowledge
- IT literate with a sound knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills & ability to prioritise and multitask
- The ability to recognise and appreciate the confidential nature of HR work discretion and high professional standards
- Willingness to carry out training of other staff
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- CIPD Qualified
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or substantial relevant experience
Attitude and Impact
- Positive and Enthusiastic
- Able to motivate others
- A willingness to show flexibility in working arrangements in terms of duties and working patterns to meet emergencies and changing circumstances
- Committed to Equality and Diversity
- A competitive salary, pension, staff benefits and you will be joining a friendly, hardworking and supportive team
If you are interested in this role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Human Resource Manager, MCIPD, Senior HR Officer, Recruitment Manager, Senior HR Coordinator, HR Operations Controller may also be considered for this role.