3 months ago
Our client is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 8,200 people with a turnover in excess of £1.3 billion.
The company is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK with 600 independent retailers plus over 300 company owned SPAR stores.
Our client’s success has been built upon a distinct culture focused upon positive and friendly relations with staff, customers and the communities it serves. Their way is a means to define this culture and ensure that the longstanding values of the family will continue to drive the company’s growth for the next century.
Position: Human Resources Officer
Location: Apex 2, Golds Hill Way, Great Bridge, West Midlands, DY4 0PU
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week, Monday to Friday
Benefits: Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities.
Closing date: August 12, 2018
About the role:
Supporting with and co-ordinating general HR activities and providing 1st and 2nd line support within the Shared Services team. Involved in delivering HR projects and providing operational support across multiple divisions and locations.
- Support line managers on operational HR issues
- Analyse Management Information in order to identify, advise and assist management in the delivery of value added people initiatives
- Assist HR Business Partners in the development, communication and implementation of new and existing policies, procedures and people processes
- Give advice and support on all recruitment needs, including managing campaigns through the ATS
- Support with store acquisitions, disposals and closures to ensure relevant people processes are carried out efficiently, effectively and are legally compliant
- Produce value added management information in relation to people measures across the business
- Working in conjunction with Learning and Development / Training to design and deliver bespoke training solutions
- Support Business Divisions with the development and implementation of their Corporate Responsibility programme with a core focus on workplace activity
- Will on occasion be required to travel to sites other than normal place of work for business purposes.
- Could be required to stay away from home overnight or attend evening events on behalf of the business.
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- HR / Business Degree or equivalent is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to influence and communicate at all levels
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Ability to deal with conflict in an effective, calm and professional manner
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential
You may have experience of the following: HR Advisor, HR Officer, HR Executive, HR Administration, HR Administrator, Human Resources Administrator, HR Assistant, Human Resources Assistant, HR Administrator, HR Generalist, Human Resources Generalist, HR Support, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.