Job Title: Junior HR Business Partner
Permanent, Full time – job share considered
Salary: Circa £35K
Location: Central Cambridge
Are you a proactive aspiring HR Business Partner? We are looking for someone with a genuine passion for recruiting, on-boarding and developing great talent.
The role will require you to use your initiative as you will be responsible for making day-to-day decisions without referral to senior management. You will also need excellent communication skills as you will be responsible for providing professional advice to managers on a range of issues in an enabling role.
You will need experience supporting and coaching managers throughout the employment cycle, from resourcing and on-boarding through to performance management, talent development and retention.
You will be joining a highly engaged HR team who are passionate for developing themselves as well as the teams they support. Cambridge Assessment is a global organisation at the forefront of its sector. You will work closely with other functions in the HR department to provide effective solutions, and promote key behaviours to drive best practice.
What you’ll be doing
You will provide professional and comprehensive HR support to our Business Technology Services (BTS) team to ensure the business receives seamless HR support. This will include resourcing, performance management, reward and benefits, employee engagement, talent development, succession planning and employee relations. You will:
- coordinate all aspects of the resourcing and on-boarding process for BTS, including working in partnership with recruiting managers and in collaboration with the Talent Acquisition team to ensure an effective and professional service is maintained at all times
- facilitate positive employee engagement and relations by working collaboratively and proactively with line managers
- advise managers and staff regarding employment law and company policy, including contract variations, flexible working, maternity and paternity etc.
- provide statistical data to your HR Business Partner and the business as required, outlining any trends and raising awareness of areas of opportunity for the teams
- provide support and coaching to the HR / Resourcing Administrator to ensure they achieve their true potential
- work in collaboration with all areas of the HR team to promote and contribute to Group-wide initiatives
- manage projects as assigned by your HR Business Partner
- be responsible for self-development, maintaining up-to-date knowledge of employment law, best practice and company policy to help maintain the effectiveness of the HR service to BTS
- thrive in a collaborative and responsive partnering role.
What we’re looking for
You will be flexible in your approach and have excellent organisational and communication skills with the ability to find solutions. You will be able to build and maintain professional working relationships and feel comfortable dealing with a variety of queries. You will enjoy working collaboratively and as part of a team.
The successful candidate will need to:
- be educated to graduate level or equivalent, ideally CIPD qualified to Chartered status or with a relevant HR qualification
- have experience working in a similar role, ideally within an IT environment
- be computer literate with knowledge of HR information systems, preferably SuccessFactors
- be passionate about supporting managers through the resourcing and on-boarding process
- have 3+ years’ experience in an HR generalist role.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader in their new state-of-the-art facility, Triangle, based in the CB1 district of Cambridge, only a 10-minute walk from the central Cambridge train station. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits.
Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 04/03/2018 and interviews will be held on 9 March (1st Interview) and second interviews on 16 March..
Going forward all Job Description content will be incorporated into the body of our Job Adverts. This allows candidates to read all the job information no matter where they have seen the job role. A separate job description document may be sent out at the interview invite stage but will include the same content as our advert.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.