Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that operates at the cutting edge of technology development. We are dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through the creation of ground-breaking, high-precision and energy-saving technologies. From printers and 3LCD projectors, to wearable GPS/activity monitors and augmented reality smart glasses, Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning products to customers across the world.
As part of significant business growth, the Talent and Development Team which forms part of the HR Specialists centre of excellence are looking to recruit a Learning and Development Specialist. An expert in designing and delivering training, you will be responsible for increasing employee capability and performance through the delivery and evaluation of learning and development activities, including the consistent implementation and -enhancement of key learning programmes.
The role is based out of offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead, Herts with regular travel across EMEA.
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis to identify development needs, aims and target audience to determine appropriate interventions and solutions to support the successful delivery of business results
- Design in house training and development solutions based on both the organisation's and individual's needs, which are fully blended and include various delivery methodologies and include technology enabled learning
- Research, prepare and create training solutions, including detailed session plans, eLearning, user and quick reference guides, support and assessment materials appropriate to the learning objectives of each training activity and in line with Epson's ways of working
- Recommend and deploy a wide variety of agile and innovative ways of learning that maximise performance and ensure the business demonstrates a continuous learning culture across multiple territories
- Manage the costs of planned activities, keep within budget and assess the return on investment of any development activity
- Maintain effective communication and relationships throughout the training design cycle, ensuring that any emerging development needs which come to light during the project are recognised and acted upon
- Deliver the learning and development portfolio (management development, interviewing skills, product management development etc) ensuring that employee needs are achieved and development requirements are responded to appropriately
- Ensure that employee's attending training obtain the required skills to successfully and effectively perform their roles through effective assessment of participants during the learning process
- Evaluate training and development programmes through colleague feedback and achievement of KPI's to identify value add and monitor training effectiveness and embedding of knowledge
- Resolve any specific problems and tailor training content and update training materials and documentation as required, adhering to all change control process and rigour and as required under all QA and audit processes within Epson
- Production and maintenance of the training delivery schedule and deliver training within agreed timescales
- Coach colleagues to improve performance and develop high potential employees
- Facilitate and support the mentoring programme
- Facilitate and support team development activities
- Champion 'continuous professional development' by keeping up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, social media and attending relevant development courses
Skills and Experience:
If you have end to end training experience seeking to focus on training delivery with a successful corporate business in a period of significant growth - we would like to hear from you.
- Extensive experience in a fast paced Learning & Development corporate environment with a proven track record of delivering training that makes a difference
- Proven experience of delivering soft skills training such as: sales excellence and management excellence up to head of level, graduate development programs, succession planning and role specific inductions amongst many others
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and training delivery skills, comfortable working in different locations
- Evidence of developing strong and effective working relationships with senior management, peers, colleagues, and external providers
- A strong understanding of the training design cycle with evidence of a highly structured and consistent approach to end to end training delivery from concept to delivery and evaluation
- An effective coach with the ability to give feedback on performance
- Extensive and up to date knowledge of current L&D theory and the application of different methods, including blended learning
- CIPD or Learning & Development qualification is preferable
- Strong project management skills, self-directed project work, organisation and planning skills
- Excellent communicator - clear, concise, avoids jargon
- Taking personal responsibility for actions and deliverables
- Experience of authoring e-learning via tools such as: Captivate, Articulate, Lectora
- Highly autonomous, taking personal responsibility for actions and deliverables
- European languages are desirable such as German, French, Italian
Epson makes products for a wide range of customers and we are committed to having a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and with an outstanding suite of benefits. Colleagues based in our offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead work in an excellent waterside location with close proximity to Apsley train station, onsite parking and a subsidised restaurant.