Learning and Development Consultant
Do you hold a CIPD level 5 qualification or above? Do you have experience in learning and development? Are you use to working in a fast-paced environment with complexity and ambiguity?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly driven, proactive, and inquisitive L&D Consultant to join our clients Learning & Development Team. This role is very project focused, so strong project management skills will help aid your success. Some degree of flexible working is available, giving you the option of some remote working, with the occasional travel. This role can be based in either Hemel, Retford, Birmingham, or Gloucester!
In this role you will be responsible for developing and deploying learning solutions across all their divisions and functions. You will work with Regional Business leaders to evaluate and capture learning needs, assess skills gaps, manage projects through to completion and perform evaluation of learning activity across our client in line with the L&D plan and related strategic goals and objectives.
They are looking for a confident self-starter, so you will have a solid background in L&D, preferably from a large or medium sized corporate firm. You will be well versed in complex organisation and culture changes, employee engagement, stakeholder management, learning design theories (& strong content design), knowledge of E-learning platforms, survey analysis tools, coupled with project management and budgeting, to name a few. You will have solid MS Office skills (Advanced level MS Excel is essential), and you will be very familiar with Learning Management Systems (LMS). You will be highly influential with a collaborative nature.
Location: This role can be based in either their Hemel, Retford, Birmingham, or Gloucester office with some degree of flexible working.
- You will develop and conduct Learning Needs Analysis at regional level to identify skills gaps and capabilities to support programme development,
- You will support Head of L&D in design and development of competency frameworks and development pathways,
- You will support demand planning for key programmes,
- You will design materials and resources to complement programmes such as new starter, acquisition and management tool kits,
- You will conduct evaluation reviews with Trainer’s post course and programme evaluation reviews with Regional Leaders using data and metrics to support discussions,
- You will collaborate with the L&D Assistant to develop metrics for special projects and programmes,
- You will advise the business on apprenticeship programmes and spot opportunities to encourage apprenticeships as a method of development where suitable,
- You will engage with HR advisors to understand challenges in local businesses and spot opportunities where L&D activity can add value,
- You will develop project plans and provide regular updates for special projects as required,
- You will support in the production of MI reports to evidence L&D impact on a quarterly basis,
- You will be CIPD level 5 qualified or above,
- You will come from an L&D background (preferably from a medium to large corporate firm) and will be used to working in a fast-paced environment which has a level of complexity and ambiguity,
- You will have strong stakeholder management, relationship management, influencing and collaboration skills - previous experience dealing with multiple stakeholders, establishing, and maintaining positive working relationships, and able to challenge and probe when needed,
- You will be well versed in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams) - Advanced level using MS Excel, and an experienced level in using Learning Management Systems (LMS),
- You will have strong content design experience, coupled with experience using survey analysis tools,
- You will have strong knowledge of learning design theories, and good knowledge of e-learning platforms and practices, coupled with project management and budgeting,
- You will have excellent planning & organisational skills, experience of managing your own workload and handling multiple workstreams concurrently,
- You will have experience in producing reports,
- You will be personable, inquisitive, and efficient with the ability to think outside of the box,
- You will have great analytical skills and display a high level of attention to detail,
- You have highly developed communication skills (both verbal and written),
Collaboration is at the heart of everything they do. They believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for their customers, their businesses, and their employees, they offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.