21 days ago
Learning and Development Specialist
Society is changing, our client is changing and we want to enable all their employees to be part of this. They only continue to be successful if their employees develop continuously. They are therefore building a culture where continuous learning and development is central; where they are moving from ‘delivering training’ to ‘developing capability’.
As part of the learning team, you will have accountability for helping them to build a ‘one learning a day culture’ where they move from teaching people to enabling people to perform. As part of that you will help to drive their learning programmes and guide in the establishment of a well-balanced blend of learning. Together they will build on new learning strategies and policies, helping them to deliver their strategy.
This is a great opportunity to have real influence on the learning strategy and shape the strategic value of learning for the organisation, whilst also engaging and supporting employees in a process of continuous learning and development.
Learning and Development Specialist Responsibilities:
- Your primary focus will be on the UK business, and you will work closely with the UK HR Director to develop the organisation’s training strategy and plans by reviewing current training programmes, and developing and co-ordinating new frameworks of competencies and behaviours.
- Partner with senior leaders for all their training requirements, continually seeking to improve learning and development processes to ensure their learning interventions are embedded holistically across the organisation, ensuring consistency of delivery and best value for money.
- Design and deliver front line leadership development programmes, assisting in identifying key talent and supporting the HR Director and senior leaders in the organisation’s talent management tools and processes so that performance management and succession plans are managed effectively.
- You will also be responsible, working with the training coordinator, for the maintenance of the organisation’s Learning Management System (LMS) and co-ordination of the apprenticeship programmes ensuring we maximise our levy commitments.
Learning and Development Specialist Requirements:
The successful Learning and Development Specialist will have experience of working at a strategic level combined with a successful track record in delivering development and training to individuals at a variety of levels, including:
- Course design and delivery.
- Interventions to enhance supervisory leadership ability.
- Ownership of performance and talent management processes.
- Partnering with stakeholders to reach added value training and development solutions.
- Degree level qualification and ideally holding or working towards an L&D specific qualification.
- Working with Apprenticeships and the associated levy.
- Willingness to travel and a passion for learning.
- The ability to robustly challenge the status quo.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
About the company:
Our client is a leading waste-to-product business ideally positioned to be part of the solution to some of the main environmental problems facing society today: reducing waste, avoiding pollution, and preventing the unnecessary use of finite natural resources.
The UK Services Division of their company employs approximately 600 employees over 30 locations and collectively they handle more than 1.97 million tonnes of waste annually, achieving a 73% recycling and recovery rate.
As a Group, our client employs approximately 6,500 employees over 162 locations in 6 countries in Europe. Collectively they handle more than 13 million tonnes of waste annually, achieve a 91% recycling and recovery rate and avoid 3 million tonnes of carbon pollution. They have the broadest range of waste-to-product services in the industry. Above all, their team is committed and passionate about their mission: Waste No More.
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £45,000 + car allowance
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Benefits: Car Allowance, 33 days holiday inc, bank holidays, employer enhanced pension with 4 x life assurance cover, option to join Company Share Save scheme, a range of discounts at nationwide retailers.
You may have experience of the following: Learning and Development Co-ordinator, Training Specialist, Learning Management System, Learning Management, Training, Learning and Development, Training Plan, L&D, Training Officer, Process Improvement, Learning and Development Consultant, etc
Ref: 94630https://renewi.livevacancies.co.uk/#/applicant/368?source=SimplyHR 
10 days ago
only 19 days until close
4 days ago
only 18 days until close