8 months ago
Learning & Development Manager - Uxbridge
Salary £40,000 - £45,000 DOE
Exciting new role!
My client in Uxbridge is looking for a Learning & Development Manager to join the growing team.
The Manager of Learning & Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating a wide variety of training and career development objectives that enable the company to retain high performing employees.
Essential Job Function
Partner with management on the evaluation, design and implementation of training and development programs, including skills development, gap assessments and performance management. Assist in preparing career path and succession plan models, and participate in the development and facilitation of performance improvement training and education of managers.
• Evaluate training materials for the purpose of implementing training activities that address identified training needs in accordance with company, division and department objectives.
• Conduct HR training such as new hire orientation, and manage training vendors as needed.
• Maintain both manual and electronic training records and files.
• Partner with the HR team and management to assess, model and shape an organizational culture and training and development programs that supports the Company's business goals and objectives.
• Evaluate and report training program(s) effectiveness, and implement changes as needed.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Degree, applicable training certification, or equivalent work experience.
• Previous organisational training and development experience.
• Human Resources experience preferred.
• Must be organized, able to multitask and manage competing priorities while maintaining a professional and courteous demeanor with all levels of the organization.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• A forward thinking, perceptive individual, capable of influencing others and effectively interacting with individuals at all levels of the Company. Excellent customer service skills and team oriented.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize/multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• An enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
• Strong internal customer focus, along with a desire to learn all aspects of the business.
• Flexibility, adaptability and ability to shift priorities based on the organizations' needs.
• Self-motivated and able to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions, take ownership/accountability and operate with minimal supervision.
• Integrity, professionalism, discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality essential.
• Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, etc.)
• Ability to travel as needed.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003