Learning & Development Officer
They are looking for a positive, motivated and driven individual to design and deliver learning and development solutions to ensure that their business has engaged; motivated colleagues that are equipped with the skills and behaviours required to meet business objectives.
Learning & Development Officer Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver leadership and cultural programmes aligned with the learning & development strategy e.g. ILM Levels 2 & 3, Effective Team Member, coaching, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Provide support in the design, planning, delivery and analysis of Performance Development Reviews.
- Ensure that an effective and clear evaluation of L&D activity is undertaken.
- Ensure candidates are assessed, supported and coached in line with ILM requirements including internal verification.
- Provide facilitation and support to projects across the business.
- Provide coaching support to colleagues as appropriate.
- Keep up to date with legislation and marketplace trends that affect L&D activity.
- Provide support in the coordination and delivery of company engagement surveys and action plans towards continual improvement.
Learning & Development Officer Requirements:
- Five GCSE A-C (English & Maths).
- Three A-levels.
- Qualification in Learning and Development e.g. CIPD – Desirable.
- Degree in Business, Management, HR, Psychology or Education – Desirable.
- Full driving licence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of delivering leadership training, ideally aligned with ILM standards.
- Experience of delivering performance development review and talent management systems.
- Experience in the coordination and delivery of engagement surveys.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel.
- Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds the company values and principles.
- Self-starter, quick to take the initiative and spot new opportunities.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Capable of building working relationships and networks with people from a range of backgrounds and cultures.
- Creative, Tenacious and demonstrates a keen attention to detail.
About the company:
You will be joining a forward-thinking family-owned business which began life in 1917, growing from humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover of £1.2 billion. Our client is the 44th largest privately owned business in the UK.
Food and drink have always been the lifeblood of their organisation and the business now entails retail, wholesale distribution, food service, logistics, specialist foods and shop fitting divisions.
Our client is committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with integrity. They have always strived to build partnerships with suppliers and trade partners while never underestimating the role that it plays within the communities it serves.
If you have the desire to support their colleagues to meet their full potential and bring innovative learning and development ideas to their established team then this is the role for you!
Location: Tipton, DY4 0PY
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 40 hours per week
Salary: Circa £24,000 to £26,000 (Depending on experience)
Benefits: Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities
Closing date for applications: 23rd January, 2020
You may have experience of the following: Learning and Development Officer, Learning and Development Co-ordinator, Training Specialist, Learning Management System, Learning Management, Training, Learning and Development, Training Plan, L&D, Training Officer, Process Improvement, Learning and Development Consultant, etc.