about 1 year ago
Operations & HR Assistant - Colchester, Essex
Salary: Circa £16,000 to £18,500
This an exciting opportunity for an Operations and HR Assistant, to join our clients Operations and HR team.
This is a varied role that will be responsible for ensuring the office operates efficiently on a day to day basis and be involved in facilities as well as HR.
• Liaise with the company landlords regarding issues with office facilities
• Assist with organisation of meetings and events including booking of travel & hotels.
• Review and update general office procedures
• Assist with coordinating desk and office moves
• Liaise with external suppliers to facilitate office equipment maintenance
• Assisting with ordering office equipment, furniture and stationary
• Assist in organising employee training
• Monitor sickness and absence records
• Carry out ongoing people screening requirements for all staff
• Review and update various HR documents and records
• Review staff appraisals and ensure records are up to date
• Assist in creating new staff documents
• To provide general administration assistance in the office including support with HR activities
• Assist with the organisation of staff DSE assessments
• Assist with quarterly reviews of the company's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan
• Scanning and filing of documents as necessary
• Type letters/memos/emails and deal with correspondence as appropriate
• Assist with health and safety checks
• Assist with ad-hoc projects as and when required
• Other duties and responsibilities as may be set by the Head of Operations and HR and Operations and HR Executive
Skills & Experience Required:
• Previous office/administration experience
• Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Excellent organisational and time keeping skills
• Confidence to own tasks without supervision
What you get in Return
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Pension Scheme
• Support with training & qualifications including, CII, AAT, Masters etc.
• Travel Insurance
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.