about 1 year ago
£35,000 per annum
Category: Payroll Jobs
Payroll and Benefits Manager
Our client today is one of the leading food and coffee service companies in Europe with branches in Germany, Austria, Great Britain, Czech Republic and Poland. They provide tailored out-of-home solutions for a wide range of customers from hotel chains to independent cafés or educational facilities.
With its family of brands the company has built its first-rate reputation based on superior quality products, truly unbeatable service and fair prices. The unique and diverse brand and product portfolio is supported by a cutting-edge equipment and the latest training resources.
Position: Payroll and Benefits Manager
Location: Epsom, Surrey
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 39.5 hours per week, 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Thursdays and Fridays from 8am to 4:30pm
Salary: £35,000 per annum plus company Bonus
Benefits: include an enhanced contributory pension scheme, free Parking space and annual holiday starting at 24 days entitlement plus 8 days bank holidays which grows with your length of service.
About the role:
- Input new starters, leavers, changes, sickness, holiday, bonuses, expenses etc.
- Run reports from SAP to provide management information, including data for Germany
- Responsible for running payroll from start to finish
- Produce and distribute payslips
- Ensure knowledge regarding payroll legislation remains up to date
- Ensure all HMRC and other legislative requirements are met in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure all year-end process are completed accurately and in a timely manner e.g. production of P60s, P11ds, P14 and P35
- Ensure all corporate / internal audit requirements are met
- Calculate and manage all statutory payments e.g. maternity, paternity etc.
- Co-ordinate all areas of benefit administration and queries to include pension scheme and BUPA
- Assist with payment of bonuses and salary increases etc.
- Record all taxable benefit information regarding cars etc. and calculate deductions e.g. NIC1a
- Ensure all supplier invoices are coded and paid on time
- Understand all HR policies, procedures and documentation and how these are to be administered via payroll
- Degree level education
- Professional payroll qualification e.g. IPPM
- IT competent in Microsoft Office packages (Excel) to advanced level
- In-depth and up-to-date working knowledge of SAP
- Up to date information regarding all legislation relating to payroll and benefits
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- A high degree of personal and professional credibility and the ability to influence and deal effectively with management at all levels
- Able to work independently with little supervision and also as part of a team who will be supportive of team members
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to use initiative
- Can undertake entire payroll process from start to finish autonomously
- Previous experience of managing a car fleet
- Previous experience of carrying out all year end processes
You may have experience of the following: Payroll and Benefits Manager, Payroll Manager, Payroll Specialist, HR Manager, Human Resources Manager, HR Consultant, Human Resources Consultant, HR Advisor, Human Resources Advisor, Benefits Manager, Rewards Manager, etc.