Job Title: Group Payroll Manager
Location: Charminster, Bournemouth
Salary: Negotiable plus benefits
Position: Full Time, Permanent
The company, a large motor retail sales company, is looking to recruit a Group Payroll Manager for their busy centralised function based in Charminster, Bournemouth.
The company has a long history in the local area, dating back to 1923. It represents 16 different brand of vehicle, currently employing in-excess of 725 employees across 28 locations in Dorset and Wiltshire.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director and Group HR Operations Director, your main aim is to ensure that the monthly payroll is effectively and accurately processed on time.
- Monthly analysis spreadsheets to be updated, extensive Excel work required to support the Kpay database functionality.
- Responsibility of the pension scheme payments to their provider, Scottish Widows.
- Answer employees pay queries, to also include those from HMRC.
- Support the checking of a high volume of monthly commission, bonus and overtime data to ensure it is accurately inputted into the payroll database system including Sales Advisors enhanced holiday pay rate.
- Upload RTI file.
- Managing a team of two, one Payroll Administrator and one Payroll Advisor.
- Despatch payslips across all 28 locations securely and on time.
- Import tax codes from HMRC online.
- Set up new starters and calculate pay, including annual holiday.
- Process leavers including producing P45 documentation, checking of holiday, bonus and commission figures.
- Considerable project work to support the development of this busy function, to include the implementation of a consistent data collection process across Group.
- Development of the Payroll procedures for the Advisor and Administrator to follow.
- Working closely with the HR team.
You will possess:
- Excellent understanding of Tax and National Insurance with the ability to perform manual calculations.
- A hands-on and flexible approach to all aspects of the Payroll function as required
- Solid Payroll legislation knowledge.
- Strong people management skills.
- Understanding of employment law including, maternity and paternity pay.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to set monthly deadlines.
- Confident communication skills.
- Excellent numeracy, database and advanced Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Good knowledge of Pensions and specifically Auto Enrolment.
- Payroll qualification and continuing professional development.
- 22 days holiday, +8 bank holidays (24 days holiday after 5 years' service, 26 after 10 years)
- Life Assurance - Twice annual salary
- Private Healthcare
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; CIPP, Payroll Executive, Payroll Manager, Payroll Director, Payroll Officer, Payroll Team Leader, Payroll Supervisor will be considered for this role.