Job Title: HR Payroll Officer
Location: The Strand, London - you may be required to undertake such travel as may be reasonably necessary for the proper performance of your duties.
Salary: Competitive Dependent on Experience
Job Role: Full Time, Permanent
This award-winning group (founded in 1988) provides actuarial advice, workplace pensions and savings advice, pensions administration, healthcare and wellness advice, financial planning, and investment consulting and investment management services to a range of pension scheme trustees, employers, private clients, and charities.
They are currently looking for an HR Payroll Officer to join their team in London.
Working as part of the HR team, the individual will be responsible for the monthly preparation of 14 payrolls for the group of companies you will be responsible for. The individual will work closely with both the HR Director and Group HR Manager in order to perform the role.
- Maintaining the payroll information of c1000 employees on the Cascade Payroll system ensuring the accurate payment of salaries to tight timescales according to company procedures.
- Payroll data entry and processing of monthly Cascade Payroll including expenses.
- Answering employee payroll queries and HR Helpdesk payroll questions.
- Dealing with enquiries relating to leavers, joiners, SSP, SMP, Student Loans, HMRC & Benefits Agency.
- Importing salary payments into BACS from Cascade system.
- Producing P60s, P45s and P11D statements.
- Producing monthly payroll journals including expense ledgers.
- Paying Monthly Tax & NICs to HMRC.
- Making monthly payments to a number of pension and benefit providers.
- Completing the payroll year end processing.
- Providing administration around the Group's pension arrangements.
HR Operations Duties:
- Ensuring the HR intranet is updated for payroll and benefits.
- Coordinating childcare vouchers and invoicing administration.
- Supporting the Group HR Manager with benefit provider documentation and supplier management.
Knowledge & experience:
- A proven career within payroll, able to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the key payroll processes such as joiners, leavers, maternity, paternity, Student Loans, PAYE and NI payments, P35, P45, P60, P11D.
- Previous experience of handling multiple payrolls whilst not essential may be advantageous.
- First class knowledge of payroll software. Knowledge of Cascade Payroll systems would be a distinct advantage although not essential as training on Cascade will be provided.
- Experienced in the running of month end processes, payroll reports and preparing tax and NI payments.
- Able to demonstrate a numerical aptitude evidenced by related career experience.
- Well-developed IT skills in Microsoft applications in particular 'Advanced' skills in Excel.
- In addition it is also essential that the individual has some experience of working with journals or general ledgers.
Training, education & qualification:
- Educated to a minimum of A Levels or equivalent standard.
- Given the nature of this position, higher academic qualifications e.g. A Degree, whilst desirable are not essential in order to perform the role, as personal characteristics and practical experience are more relevant criteria for selection purposes.
Skills, abilities & personal qualities:
- High degree of numeracy skills.
- Able to follow instructions, procedures, policies and assimilate information quickly in a consistent manner.
- Meticulous approach to work - accurate with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Resilient, able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise work with a good understanding of the context of the tasks required.
- Good problem resolution skills - seeks solutions and guidance where necessary.
- Well-developed communication skills with all levels of the organisation both internal and external.
- Focused on providing a high level of customer service within their work, demonstrating empathy and an open approach to questions.
- Demonstrates a sense of responsibility to their attitude to work.
- Willingness to learn new systems and processes.
- Discretion in dealing with confidential and personally sensitive information.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the Application Portal.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Payroll Adviser, Payroll Administrator, CIPP Payroll Technician, Accounts Clerk, Payroll, Finance Clerk, Human Resources Advisor, HR Officer, Finance Administrator, Financial Administrator, Payroll Executive, Human Resources Officer, Payroll Assistant, Payroll Admin, Payroll Coordinator, Payroll Officer, Accounts Coordinator, HR Adviser, Payroll Team Leader, Accounts Team Leader, HR Advisor, Payroll Assistant, HR Administrator, Human Resources Assistant will be considered for this role.