A very innovative and exiting retail brand are looking for their next HE Advisor to join the team after internal promotion. This is a great opportunity to join a friendly team in a company that values hard work and equally enjoying your time at the office.
This role would be perfect for someone who is currently looking to step up into the HR Advisor title and currenlty doing all the day to day goings on of an HR Advisor. Alternatively you may have just been promoted into an HR Advisor role and looking for a change in organisaiton.
Scope of the Role
Working together with the People Partner, the purpose of the role is to deliver an effective, timely and commercially focused HR generalist service to the Team
- Deal with day to day HR queries at all levels by phone, email and in person, ensuring that Company policies and procedures are followed and ensure legal compliance, escalating to the HR Manager where appropriate
- Provide coaching and advice to line managers on all people related issues, including but not limited to proactive management of absence, performance and disciplinary and grievance issues
- Work with employees and line managers, to ensure HR policy and processes are applied fairly and consistently to ensure good standards of people management
- Act as a specialist adviser and expert on all employee relations issues, to ensure successful and timely resolution and mitigation of risk
- Advise and support on all disciplinary and grievance issues to successful resolution either in the capacity of note taker and support or lead advisor
- Write comprehensive, accurate and timely outcome letters to all formal meetings. Maintain all paperwork in relation to employee relations issues accurately and in a timely manner and keep all files updated and easily accessible
- Take notes at formal meetings where needed
- Manage both the formal and informal flexible working process for employees in designated business area(s).
- Provide advice and guidance on the maternity, paternity and parental leave process, including the associated paperwork.
- Manage an allocated caseload in relation to long term sickness, proactively managing each case to successful conclusion
- Keep up to date on relevant changes in legislation and HR Policies and procedures and apply to role, as well as sharing knowledge with HR Advisers and wider HR Team.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is given to the HR Services team regarding to ensure payroll related changes are processed accurately in line with monthly payroll schedules
- Ensure changes to employee status (eg suspension, sickness absence, maternity) are promptly communicated to the Payroll team
- Provide coaching and support to the HR Co-ordinator
- Contribute to the production of the monthly People Report
- Travel to sites across the UK
What we look for from you:
- Previous experience within an HR Advisor role or similar role
- Up-to-date and thorough knowledge of employment legislation
- Experience of having advised and coached Line Managers on a broad range of HR issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great active listening skills and ability to interpret information correctly
- Good MS Office Skills
- Ability to put together presentations and present
- Ability to influence
- Excellent investigative skills
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and juggle priorities
- Previous experience of having worked within a faced paced Retail environment would be a distinct advantage
Please contact me if this role sounds like you: -*******