about 1 month ago
This is a fantastic opportunity for a HR professional with a strong focus on Human Resources & Payroll administration. You will be the face and voice of the garden centre.
- Complete rotas for all store departments, including front of house and kitchen, working closely with the departmental management teams to ensure adequate cover at all times
- Prepare and submit payroll to external accountants, including calculating SSP, and processing starter / leaver information
- General HR administration including maintaining HR personnel files, staff discount card admin and ensuring that staff have the relevant uniform
- Assisting with the staff recruitment process as required
- Assisting with disciplinary processes as required
- Acting as an adviser to the general manager
- Recent experience working with payroll, ideally in a retail environment
- Recent experience in HR administration, including the creation and maintenance of staff rotas
- Highly organised, with experience of working to tight deadlines in a high-volume environment
- Excellent Communication & Inter-personal skills
- Willing to act as the face and voice of the garden centre
The role is paying a salary between £25k & £30k, depending on experience. 20% staff discount is offered from day 1, on all products across the store. In addition, free parking is available and a uniform is provided.
The role is based in Aldermaston, Reading with occasional travel to their other sites required, for training/team meetings. With this is mind, it is essential that you have your own transport.