Programme Tutor: We have an excellent opportunity for a Programme Tutor to join our client's team in Doncaster.
Our client is one of the UK's leading providers of learning and development, accredited courses and managed training services. They design and deliver on average 6000 learning interventions per year to over 200 clients. This is a great opportunity to join their team and thrive in the role of Programme Tutor.
As a Programme Tutor, you will be responsible for a caseload of work-based Apprentice candidates nationally and will plan, support and carry out summative assessment against National Occupational Standards and competencies, thus ensuring timely and successful achievement of apprenticeship trailblazer standards.
As a Programme Tutor your responsibilities will be to:
* Carry out learner inductions; including completion of skills scans, individual learning plans & initial assessments to establish the correct level of support in cohesion with the Apprentices Employer
* Timely & effective completion of planned formative assessment and SFA documentation to meet Awarding Body, SFA & organisational requirements
* Manage a caseload of candidates and each candidate journey end to end ensuring an innovative, effective & supported experience for all
* Assessment of candidates in accordance with sector, awarding body and TAQA guidelines
* Prepare, agree & review assessment plans with each candidate incorporating formative assessment of required standards
* Provide assessment and feedback to support achievement and progression to a high standard
* Undertake appropriate learning & development activities as required for the job role and maintain a record of all CPD
* Accurately maintain candidate records, ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information is maintained
* Operate a telephone help line with candidates
* Communicate with the Apprenticeship Manager on any candidate or employer matters
* Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and quality standards
* To ensure compliance with the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Children and Adults policy
Knowledge and Skills required
To be successful in the role of Programme Tutor you will have:
* A D32, D33, A1, A2 or TAQA award
* A teaching qualification (ideally) - minimum PTTLLS
* Experience of Apprenticeship delivery
* Experience of the use of an e-portfolio system
* Functional Skills delivery experience
* Experience of working in the training / education sector
* At least 2 years' experience of working within the public sector industry
* Knowledge of apprenticeships and government funding requirements
The ideal candidate for the role of Programme tutor will be able to:
* Use verbal business language that is clear, concise and can be accurately interpreted by the recipient
* Gather, identify and clarify key elements of others communication in order to maximise understanding
* Be aware of impact of own behaviour on others and modify their style to achieve results through good working relationships
* Encourage others towards a viewpoint/course of action through persuasive approach
* Focus on the detail of a task and handles accurately and consistently
* Maintain stability of performance despite being under increased pressure within the unit
* Encourage team to work together by engendering a sense of collective responsibility, in order to achieve common goals
* Make timely decisions which demonstrate judgement in their formulation and implications
* Analyse and synthesise a wide range of information in order to draw conclusions or make decisions
* Prompt and respond to different ways of working in the face of changing situations
* Establish a clear course of action designed to achieve long or short term goals
* Create and seize opportunities to propose ideas and take action in order to improve business performance
There is a salary on offer of £25,000 per annum depending upon experience.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients' business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
PTTLLS, TAQA, Prog