HR Advisor – Supply Chain – UK Wide
We have an excellent opportunity for a passionate and motivated Human Resources Advisor to join Supply Chain. Working closely with the business and reporting in to the Supply Chain HR Manager, you will be accountable for the HR service delivery across the SGBD Supply Chain functions.
What will I be doing in the role?
· You will work closely with the Supply Chain Human Resources Manager to achieve business performance by focusing on continuous improvement and promoting a culture of employee engagement.
· You will be a people person, building and maintaining long lasting relationships with internal and external stake holders whilst delivering a world-class level of employee engagement across the Supply Chain functions.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
What do we look for in our HR Advisors?
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, and Experience Required
· CIPD Level 7 qualified
· Ability to work under pressure in a challenging and constantly changing environment
· Strong coaching and influencing skills
· Commercially astute
· Sound knowledge of Employment Legislation
· Relevant industry experience (multi-site; building distribution, logistics, transport )
Key Results Areas
· In a full and independent generalist role, responsibilities will include:
· Utilise and build on skills and knowledge to become a trusted advisor.
· Building a strong partnership with the HR community and senior management team, working to achieve business objectives.
· Embed a culture of employee engagement across the site; where the site is considered to be exemplar
· Building and maintaining effective partnerships with key stakeholders across the business
· Offering support and guidance to managers and employees in regards to complex employee relations
· First point of contact for all employees, for example, ensuring that payroll queries are resolved
· Proactive involvement in business and resource planning processes, to ensure HR input at initial and subsequent stages of business change
· Dealing with recruitment & selection procedures, ensuring hiring managers undertake processes in line with best practice policies
· Work with the broader HR Team to collate and review market trends (salaries, working hours, reward and benefits) and to both understand the impact on Supply Chain and propose solutions which are appropriate to the particular circumstances without conflicting with other areas of the business
· Provide support and advice to line managers in respect of recruitment and resourcing (including rightsizing and outplacement) for the full spectrum of roles and grades
· Provide support and advice on the key principles for employees development, ensuring that there is robust succession planning in place
· Coach and develop management and employee capability
· Act as a change agent; ensuring continuous improvement is embedded throughout the Supply Chain functions.
· Actively promote and take responsibility for embedding a culture of employee engagement within Supply Chain so that the functions are a high performing operation
· Lead by example - responsible for setting Saint-Gobain behaviours which are congruent with SGBD’s competency framework and principles in action.
· To be an ambassador for HR across Supply Chain functions
· To carry out any other duties as required and deemed reasonable by line management.
· This list is not exclusive - other reasonable duties and projects may be assigned from time to time.
What about the business I’ll be joining?
There are 32+ fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Jewson; Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to: