We have an extensive network of 18 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,900 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast.
Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
We are currently looking for a Regional HR Business Advisor to support sites and businesses in the Southern Region. The role will report to the HR Director. The Regional HR Business Partner will provide guidance, support and coaching to managers in the region with regards HR policy and procedure. The successful candidate will liaise with, and build robust relationships with all colleagues across the region to create consistency and will lead Employee Relations guidance.
· Establish close relationships with Plant Managers and leaders across the region
· Be the first point of contact for Employee Relations (ER) queries for managers in the region; provide advice in a coaching manner to ensure managers are empowered to make future decisions based on knowledge gained
· Support sites on complex cases including attending hearings, investigation meetings, appeals as appropriate and liaise with the Central HR team on complex issues to ensure consistency
· Lead on any Project activity either in the region or across the group
· To provide support to the resourcing process including attendance at open days, job fairs and assessment centres as required
· Design and deliver workshops and training for managers on policies and procedures including recruitment / interview skills in conjunction with the Learning & Development team
· The lead in the region for the Employee Engagement Survey (EES) including promotional communication ahead of the EES, during and leading with the Plant Managers the action planning design and follow up
· Review trends in the region from the survey and key performance indicators proposing any regional wide activities as a result
· CIPD qualified or equivalent experience
· Experience as an Advisor / Business Partner in a single site, regional experience a plus
· Strong customer focused attitude
· Organised & able to prioritise, expected to travel for the role
· Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
· Influencing and relationship building
· Forward thinking, proactive and creative
· The ability to deal with multiple issues simultaneously in a highly dynamic environment.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.