The Foundation for International Education (FIE) is seeking an enthusiastic, organised and dedicated professional to oversee FIE Dublin’s provision in a full-time, permanent position onsite in Dublin.
Dublin, D08 R596 – potential for Hybrid working
- Full Time, Permanent Position
- From £50,000 commensurate with experience
- Preferred Start Date: 2nd January 2024
Please Note: Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK
With success spanning a quarter of a century, the Foundation for International Education is an international higher education organisation working in partnership with universities and colleges, primarily from the US, to provide immersive study abroad programmes for undergraduate students in London, Dublin, Madrid, Barcelona and Amman.
About the role:
This is a stimulating and rewarding role for an educational professional. This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer, and is the individual who:
- Monitors, develops and manages the day-to-day operations of the FIE Dublin programme including academic delivery, housing planning and management, student welfare, and partner relations
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all required areas of academic administration with FIE’s academic partners, monitoring delivery and supporting all parties involved
- Supports the Assistant Resident Director in the management of housing, including sourcing, vetting, booking and allocations management.
- Oversee and contribute to the development of activities and extra-curricular programme/calendar for students each semester, managing the associated budget.
- Monitors and support student welfare including out of hours emergency support.
- Communicates with US university partners and FIE staff in both England and the United States
Required experience, skills & qualifications
- Strong commitment to high academic standards
- Commitment to promote intercultural competence
- Excellent management and organisational skills
- Superb time management skills
- First-rate intercultural and interpersonal communication skills
- Crisis management skills
- Event planning experience
- Energetic, friendly and approachable personality
- Experience working with students and/or in customer service
- Patience and resourcefulness
- Wide knowledge of Dublin and Ireland as an educational and social resource
- In-depth knowledge of the United States: its culture, people, government, economics and education system
- In-depth knowledge of Ireland: its culture, people, government, economics and education system
- Must possess graduate-level education and record of academic success
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Partial reimbursement for physical health activities (e.g. 35% for annual gym/ health club memberships)
- Staff professional development
- Thirty days’ sick leave on full pay in any twelve- month period
- Health insurance scheme (subject to tax deduction)
How to apply for the Resident Director role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Dublin-based position, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVERING LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Equal Opportunities: FIE promotes equality of opportunity and diversity within the workplace and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Close date: 10th December 2023
Other suitable skills and experience include Resident Director, RD, Program Director Academic Program Manager, Study Abroad Coordinator, International Education Advisor, Campus Program Director, Student Services Manager, Residence Life Coordinator, International Program Manager, Education Program Coordinator, Student Affairs Specialist, Campus Operations Manager, Education Supervisor.