Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that operates at the cutting edge of technology development. We are dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through the creation of ground-breaking, high-precision and energy-saving technologies. From printers and 3LCD projectors, to wearable GPS/activity monitors and augmented reality smart glasses, Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning products to customers across the world.
We are seeking to recruit a Reward Associate reporting into the Reward Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for providing data analysis support to a range of compensation and benefit activities and programs including business as usual reward processes such as job pricing and fulfilling a range of other benchmarking requests to ensure these are delivered accurately and on time to key stakeholders. In addition you will provide support to annual reward processes such as salary review, bonus calculations and market data submissions in a timely manner.
The role is based out of offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, with ad hoc travel across Europe as required.
- Responsible for the annual data submission of cash compensation (April/May), HR Practices and Benefit Design (May/June) data into the Willis Towers Watson portal. Willis Towers Watson is our core data provider and this annual submission requires data to be submitted with a high degree of accuracy and on time to enable reciprocal data to be supplied by Willis Towers Watson in line with Epson's global data agreement
- Gather and consolidate data for all other salary and benefits survey submissions within agreed timelines - e.g. Radford Sales Data submission (July), High Tech European council requests (throughout the year) and bespoke salary surveys to ensure reciprocal data is provided
- Fulfill daily ad hoc benchmarking requests managed through an email box to ensure all benchmarking requests for the business are delivered in line with the agreed service levels
- Carry out data research, analysis and presentation of benchmarking data in relation to all types of cash and non-cash reward elements including competitor analysis to inform reward project outcomes
- Support the Reward Specialist during the annual salary review and bonus payment processes, to ensure data requirements are completed on time, on-line and manual salary planning documentation related to the annual compensation process is supported, and ad hoc queries are responded to, escalating issues to ensure the delivery of successful outcomes for the local and central HR team and business leaders
- In conjunction with the Reward Specialist benchmark all insured and uninsured benefit elements by country - documenting the "as is" Epson practice and validating this against the "to be" market practice to inform recommendations on ensuring a competitive total reward offer for all employees across EMEAR
- Support the maintenance of reward related policies, (such as the Travel and Expenses regulations) requiring attendance at meetings and maintenance of local documentation by country, in conjunction with the local HR managers, to ensure reward policies remain fit for purpose across Finance, local and central HR
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of a reward environment, or generalist HR experience which has included responsibility for reward processes
- Experience of working with job levelling methodologies - Willis Towers Watson preferred but other methodologies would be considered
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills to be able to combine multiple data reports from external data sources and Epson's HR Information System (Success Factors) to provide complex cost/benefit analysis and reporting to inform reward decision making
- Word and Power point skills to be able to draft proposals as a result of data analysis documenting the outputs of trend analysis into reports/slide decks
- Familiar with reporting from HR information systems (Success Factors would be an advantage)
- Good written communication skills to confidently draft email communications to the Epson HR Community in support of the above activities
- Good verbal communication skills to manage conversations across cultures where English may not be the first language
- Self-motivated and able to self manage to deliver to timescales with the confidence to escalate issues and/or solutions that would prevent these deadlines being met.
- Team player to work as part of a small Reward, Recognition and Engagement Team and wider HR specialist team - supporting colleagues on Excel queries where needed and, where possible, answering questions of a reward or recognition nature
Epson makes products for a wide range of customers and we are committed to having a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and with an outstanding suite of benefits. Colleagues based in our offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead work in an excellent waterside location with close proximity to Apsley train station, onsite parking and a subsidised restaurant.