You will be sat within the radio stream of this fantastic media business and their goal is to drive commercial value, gain data & insight, and build lifetime value. A commercial Senior Account Manager is required to maintain the Retail arm whilst the current Head of Retail is on maternity leave for 12 months. This may have the opportunity to go permanent but right now it is a mat contract only. Ideally you will have experience in Print/ Magazines. You will have a passion for media and radio and namely food, weddings, gardening & general leisure. You will have previous media/ radio/ magazine experience within any of these sectors and ideal from a subscription background too. You will be working in a fast paced and dynamic environment dealing with internal and external partners. You will be highly aware of agreed commercial and performance targets and deliver against these. An understanding of the brand and what can sell to this stream of business is key. You will need to negotiate deals & marketing plans, whilst constantly assessing ROI.
You will also be in charge of an online shop , stock control, P&L management, marketing, e-commerce services and customer services. You will have experience of drop-shipping.
Manage partner relationships
· Negotiate partner marketing at year-end
· Constantly assessing ROI and implementing changes where necessary
· Oversee the running of the online shop (to include stock management, new products, P&Ls, customer enquiries, systems management)
· Manage and oversee brand extensions such as magazine/bookazines
· Forecasting of revenue, contribution and responsibility of Retail budget delivery
· Manage the marketing Executive that works on Retail
· Represent the organisation, champion the brands and proposition at external industry events and conferences.
· Commercially minded - experience of delivering revenues
· Strong negotiation, sales and presentation skills and experience with clients
· Proven track record of delivering marketing plans, business development and innovative partnership programmes
· Building relationships - this is a key part of the role. Internal relationships with the brand teams, as well as with partners
· Experience of working across print, digital and ecommerce
· Excellent analytical skills and ability to think and act strategically
· Customer focus - is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Acts with customers in mind.
· Action Orientated - Enjoys working hard. Full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Seizes all opportunity.
· Management experience