Job Title: Senior Human Resources Adviser
Salary: £32,029 - £34,788 per annum
Job type: Full time, Fixed term for 12 months in the first instance
Closing Date: 11th August 2019
Acts as a generalist professional HR practitioner, providing advice and practical support to all levels of management and employees, on the whole range of Human Resource activity. Takes a proactive role in the development of the service (e.g. new policies) and responds to the needs of managers (e.g. advice and guidance with individual cases).
- Coaches and advises managers on a range of employee relations matters, helping them to resolve their cases, including more complex cases
- Proactively manages a varied caseload that will include; discipline, capability, sickness management, grievances, redundancy, TUPE, redeployment and early/ill health retirement
- Liaises with Occupational Health making referrals that relate to fitness to carry on or cease work and includes ill-health retirement
- Liaises with trade union and employee representatives on individual cases and consults with regard to corporate issues
- Supports the HR Manager in the planning, implementation and delivery of organisational change/TUPE including attending group and individual consultation meetings
- Supports Managers with the planning of recruitment activities and attends interviews as and when required
- Leads on specific policy issues, researching and analysing the subject, liaising with management, consulting and negotiating with trade unions, preparing and submitting reports to the Human Resource Group, Management Board and Members
- Takes specific lead responsibility for certain key HR functions (e.g. absence management) and develop these to ensure they meet the Council's immediate and future needs
- Monitors changes to employment law and good practice to ensure that the Council's HR policies and procedures are up to date and comply with the law
- Promotes and gives advice on the pension scheme regulations, procedures and benefits
- Gives advice to and works with managers on a range of staffing matters such as appropriate staffing structures and grading, using the Council's job evaluation scheme
- Supports the corporate learning and development programme by planning, designing, delivering and evaluating training courses
- Supports the HR Manager/Head of HR Organisational Development and Improvement undertaking project work that will involve research, analysis and report production
- Provides advice and support to the HR support team on policies, procedures, employment law, conditions of service etc.
- Responds and deals with specific general issues such as freedom of information requests and ISA/CRB/Immigration enquiries
- Significant experience of working at either an HR Adviser/Employee Relations Adviser/Senior HR Adviser level with exposure across the full remit of employee relations issues (discipline, grievance, capability, absence)
- Experience of advising managers regarding high volume absence and disciplinary matters
- Experience of supporting and advising managers regarding organisational change
- Experience of reviewing, developing and updating Human resources policies and procedures in line with legislation and best practice
- Experience working in partnership with others to deliver HR projects
- Experience of developing and delivering management training
- CIPD qualified at level 7
- Evidence of continuing professional and personal development
- Knowledge of Employment Law, codes of practice, national and local conditions of service, council structures, human resources policies and procedures - application
- Ability to help managers resolve employment and team issues - interview
- Knowledge and experience of Job Evaluation Schemes and process - interview
- Understanding of effective Recruitment and Selection and a range of different selection methods and tools including carrying out interviews
- Good understanding of and commitment to both quality and equality in service delivery and management
In return you will benefit from flexible working hours, flexi-time, 25 days per annum annual leave entitlement, scope to work from home on occasion, access to an excellent pension scheme, various staff discounts, parking and the ability to purchase additional annual leave.
Please click on the APPLY button to complete the application form, attach your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; HR Administrator, Human Resources Business, HR Advisor, Human Resources Executive, Human Resources Analyst, Group Human Resource Officer, Human Resources Administrator, Human Resources Advisor, HR Admin, Human Recourses Advisor, HR Generalist, HR Officer, Group HR Officer, Senior HR Officer, Human Resources Generalist, HR Specialist, Employee Relations Specialist, Employee Relations Advisor, Resourcing Talent Advisor, Senior HR Coordinator, Group HR Operations Officer, Human Resources Officer, Human Resources may also be considered for this role.