Join Pitney Bowes as a Senior HR Business Consultant – Policy/Projects (9 month FTC – maternity cover)
The focus of the position is to maintain HR policies across UK and Ireland, supporting and coordinating HR related projects that span all lines of business.
The position also supports a dedicated client group to which operational, tactical & strategic advice on HR related matters is required. The position builds upon close working relationships with senior leaders and partners with the relevant business unit on human resource-related issues.
This is a home based position, with the expectation of working in the Hatfield office 1 day per week.
This position is accountable for the following activities:
Policy/Projects Specific Responsibilities
• Co-ordinate HR related projects that span all lines of business within UK & ROI.
• Develop, and continuously review, policies and procedures to ensure they are both legally compliant and business effective, and ensure they are accessible by employees.
• Escalation route for general policy and process queries from askHR and Payroll.
• Prepare ER template documentation and process co-ordination ensuring application of best practice, policies and procedures.
• Monitor employment legislation and cases to ensure accurate and detailed knowledge of planned changes and developments, updating the HR Director, and completing actions as necessary.
• Support relevant meetings as the lead from the HR operations group (e.g. pension, employee taxation etc.)
• Provide HR guidance related to fleet related issues and liaison with internal Procurement and external fleet partners.
• Manage HR1 tracking across UK and Ireland, ensuring business compliance through the submission of relevant documents, and minimising business risk, including related to Credit Union applications/extensions.
• Maintain HR intranet pages, continuously reviewing the pages from the perspective of the audience.
• Maintain content of the RFP certification site to support sales employees with bid and tender information.
• Work with the other HR team members to support specific line of business projects where agreed.
Client Group Accountabilities
• Partners with dedicated client group to identify business goals and objectives to create meaningful HR plans to support the required values, issues, business planning and budgets of the relevant business unit(s) and support delivery of functional priorities
• Drive business related processes (such as compensation planning) within client group, supporting them with relevant data.
• Responsible for co-ordinating HR projects within the business area.
• Partners and collaborates with business leaders to support business development.
• Guides, coaches and supports the management of complex ER related activities ensuring compliance with applicable employment legislation. Recommends actions for external legal matters using external legal advice and direction from the HR Director.
• Acts as a single point of contact for the escalation of HR related line of business issues.
• Performs other related duties as may reasonably be required.
Qualifications and experience:
• MCIPD or equivalent experience
• Up to date employment law knowledge for UK and Ireland
• Relevant demonstrable experience gained in commercial organisation with 200+ employees, including:
o Relationship building at all levels & diverse roles
o Working in partnership with all management levels
o Confidence to challenge senior managers
o Managing employee relations matters both during and post-employment
o Involvement in HR and organisational change programmes
o Multi-site, matrixed organisation
o Supporting change programmes & projects
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Change management
• Management relationship/trust
• Project management and leadership
• Presentation skills
• Working in partnership with country and continent leaders
• Knowledge of SAP
• Employment Tribunals
• Managing transition and change within budget and time constraints
• Fast paced matrixed organisation
• Communication and support of business strategies, vision and values
• Managing working relationships with European and US based managers ensuring clarity in work decision making and differing cultural expectations
• Developing working practices and hand-offs with Pan European HR Directors
• Business managers required to be more self-sufficient
Pitney Bowes, a global technology company, provides shipping & mailing solutions, data management software, and location intelligence offerings, powering billions of physical and digital transactions in the connected and borderless world of commerce.
Helping clients achieve their greatest commerce potential are Pitney Bowes' 16,000+ passionate employees around the world, our relentless pursuit of innovation with over 2,300 active patents, and our focus on clients, who are at the centre of all that we do - from small businesses to 90% of the Fortune 500.
Pitney Bowes is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
All interested individuals must apply online.