about 1 year ago
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Bring your Human Resources Generalist toolkit to UL and help us continue to build a world-class human resources function in support of our mission to make the world a safer place. On a daily basis, you'll be involved in both the tactical and strategic sides of Human Resources as you work closely with business partners, managers, employees, regional HR team and leadership. You'll impact all levels of our Cambridge and Nottingham locations along with the UK and European HR teams.
In your first year and beyond, you will:
- Execute and ensure all HR Operation tasks occur in a timely and high quality manner in alignment with UL's policies, guidelines and local labor law.
- Provide expertise in recruiting, hiring, orienting and on-boarding newly acquired talent.
- Advise and support executives and employees across our Cambridge and Nottingham sites. Leverage prior experience in all areas of HR to recommend system and process improvements for greater ease of service delivery while adhering to all relevant laws and best practices both locally and within the regional team.
- Partner with HR Business Partners, the regional HR team and Department Managers on HR-related projects and tasks.
- Fine tune your working knowledge of the UL structure while building strong relationships across all business and functional areas.
- Become an Oracle Superuser in our HRIS system so you can respond quickly and efficiently to requests from employees/managers. Updating of various information sources and database maintenance along with the creation and reporting of UK wide metrics and statistics.
We are looking for an experienced HR professional with a track record of success in a large matrixed organization. For UL, this means a university degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field and a minimum of 3-5 years professional human resources experience in a similar environment.
Other requirements include:
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced and complex environment with shifting priorities while building strong relationships at all levels.
- Detailed knowledge of all functional areas in human resources as well as policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Open-minded, committed personality with a keen sense of touch and joy in dealing with people.
- High degree of autonomy and organization.
- A team-first focus with a "do whatever it takes" attitude and willingness to pitch in on all of our fun and engaging HR initiatives.
- Proficiency in HRIS tools as well as other types of technology including MS Office, video conferencing, social media platforms, et al