Talent and Development Specialist
Department: Group Learning and Development
Reports to: Group Learning and Development Manager
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 17.30pm
Contract type: Permanent
Established in 1984, Westcoast Ltd is a privately held company that distributes leading IT brands such as HP, HPE, Microsoft, Lenovo, Apple and many others to a broad range of resellers, retailers and office product dealers in the UK and beyond.
Since then we’ve grown to become the number one UK distributor for many of our vendors and customers and we employ more than 1,600 people across a number of locations in the UK, Ireland and Europe.
Thanks to the hard work and dedication of everybody at Westcoast the company is flourishing. Our revenues have seen a sharp increase in recent years reaching £2 billion in 2017.
We are consistently ranked in the Sunday Times Top Track of the 100 Largest Privately-owned UK Companies, and are now the second largest privately-held business in the Thames Valley region.
The Job Role
The Westcoast Learning & Development team have had phenomenal success in the last 12 months and they are now expanding the team for the exciting journey ahead.
The successful candidate will drive the design and delivery element of the Westcoast Skills & Sales Academy. Working as a trusted advisor to the business for talent and development, you will build relationships with key stakeholders to identify training and development needs in the business, and deliver training plans and programmes in line with budgets.
- · Develop and implement relevant in-house technical and soft skill training courses including stakeholder management, preparation of materials, manuals and literature;
- · Act as an advisory to the business for talent and development
- · Manage partner training ensure fit for purpose
- · Support annual Learning Needs Analysis process
- · Measuring return on investment following all training interventions
- · Ability to work independently and integrate within the teams you support
- · Ownership of training materials for all Training Programs
- · Maintain curriculum development processes and procedures as well as collaborate and communicate with key stakeholders to compile skills gap feedback and identify learning requirements
- · Support apprentices as required
- · Work with key stakeholders and SME’s to develop & deliver a robust sales induction and the continuous growth of Westcoast Skills Academy
- · Creating & maintaining training manuals
- · Design & Deliver technical IT training as needed
- · Monitor completion of Westcoast journey workbooks and review with line managers
- · Manage sales floor assessments and on-job coaching
- · Ensuring training matrix is up to date
- · Review vendor training content & requests to ensure fit for purpose
- · Create eLearning
- · Sign off On-the-job competency assessments
- · Deliver virtual learning sessions for group wide availability for sales academy/skills academy
- · Support the talent process by communicating annual PDR process to relevant business units
- · Reviewing objectives and preparing strategic plans for relevant business units
- · Creating a training plan to support common development themes
- · Review mapping of skills matrix to the needs of the business
- · Working in partnership with BU’s to identify value of training directly to business outputs
- · Monitor knowledge retention statistics and plan strategies depending on skills gaps
- · Create & distribute quarterly training reports for Group L&D Manager, sales managers and product managers
- · Support the new starter process by ensuring training manuals, and checklists are completed
- · Facilitate on-job competency assessments of new starters
- · Ensure training room is fit for purpose prior to all training events
- · Pick up ad-hoc duties to cover for holidays and/or absence.
- · Review vendor content & training to ensure its fit for purpose
- · This is not an exhaustive list, other ad hoc duties and projects as required
- · Willingness to travel to other sites
- · Drive, commitment and self-motivation in abundance
- · Strong IT skills – including databases, word, excel, email, internet, PowerPoint
- · Experience designing training initiatives across multiple topics
- · Experience working in a training environment
- · Confidence in communicating at all levels and groups of people
- · Excellent organisational skills
- · Quick to respond to changing environments
- · Accurate, methodical with excellent attention to detail
- · Good communication skills at all levels
- · Flexible, with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- · Team player and able to work independently
- · Happy to deal with routine
- · Proactive and innovative
- · Ability to be assertive when needed
- · Previous experience in IT distribution or Technology sector (Desirable)
- · Experience in designing eLearning through an authoring tool
- · PTLLS Qualification or equivalent
- · Assessor qualification
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV with a cover letter stating your salary requirements.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE