9 months ago
Talent Development Lead / Head of Learning and Development
Our client want to create good homes by making home improvement accessible for everyone. Their ambition is to become the leading home improvement company. To deliver their ambition, they need to become ONE company, which they’ll do by building on the already strong local identities, teams and communities across all their retail brands and functions. They are investing in working better together, to make the most of their scale and to better serve their customers.
They have undergone a significant transformation to create the new Offer & Supply Chain organisation, which operates as a global function. Offer & Supply Chain (OSC) is responsible for designing, sourcing, planning and supplying a unified, unique and leading range of products that meet the needs of their customers. It enables them to develop a complete unified, unique and leading offer based on customer insights by leveraging their buying scale, creating new sourcing capabilities, and radically reorganising to operate as one company. Their Offer & Supply Chain function means that, for the first time ever, they’re selling the same unified ranges across all nine Operating Companies, while investing in their own unique and exclusive products.
Position: Talent Development Lead
Location: London (UK)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 36.25 hours per week
Benefits: Competitive Salary, Pension, Annual Bonus scheme, Holiday entitlement and a number of other benefits. More information will be given on their benefits package after application.
About the role:
This role sits within Offer & Supply Chain (or OSC's) HR function, as part of the HR leadership team, and leading the existing Learning & Talent team. The Learning & Talent team are responsible for two key areas: firstly, providing everyone with the opportunities to develop the right expertise in the critical technical and behaviour capabilities needed to achieve their ambition. And secondly, building a pipeline of talented experts to ensure that they continually have the talent they need to succeed.
- Partnering with the board and senior leadership team to understand requirements and agree learning to develop critical capabilities and build strong technical competence across all OSC functions
- Understand the people implications of their strategic targets and create a strategic capability plan which enables them to achieve their goals
- Strengthening talent management within OSC and taking action to develop strong pipelines for their critical roles. This may include career management or fast track programmes which ensure that OSC has effective succession plans for the future
- Managing the delivery of the learning and talent development via the Learning & Talent team
- Supporting the ongoing transformation by enabling colleagues to learn about the new tools, methods and ways of working required
- Embedding OSC's new performance approach
- Embedding a blended approach to learning across OSC, ensuring that learning solutions reflect latest adult learning approaches and are cost effective
- Able to interpret the learning implications of strategic plans, including conducting strategic learning needs analyses to understand the gap between current and future capability requirements
- Strong commercial approach to learning; able to clarify / quantify and measure the learning outcomes and success measures
- Able to shape and design blended learning either by partnering with best in class providers, or managing the design inhouse
- Able to develop technical learning, ideally in relation to a retail or supply chain-based business
- Experience of developing talent for critical, technical roles, including developing, implementing and tracking career management programmes and talent development programmes
- Experience of running talent management processes, including drawing out insight and creating an action plan to address the challenges identified
- Able to define and manage the implementation of complex projects across an international footprint
- Practically focused, bringing development alive in the commercial reality of the business
- Experience in operating in an environment of major change and comfortable with working in ambiguity
You may have experience of the following: Learning and Development Manager, L&D Manager, L&D, HR Manager, Project Manager, HR, Human Resources Manager, Learning and Development, Head of Learning and Development, Head of L&D, Training Manager, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.