Job Title: Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Trainer / Assessor (Business Change Facilitator)
Location: Midlands and Northern England
Salary: Competitive Depending on Experience
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
This Company has developed a strong brand recognition for delivering highly practical development programmes which bring benefits to the learner and the organisations with which they work and leave them with sustainable development.
They help their clients to deliver sustained business improvements through the effective training of their staff and apprentices, from entry level (Level 2) to degree apprenticeships (Level 6). Over 80% of the Company's business is in delivering Lean Six Sigma programmes and standards. Their reputation for delivering excellent highly practical development programmes means they are looking to appoint an experienced Lean Six Sigma Trainer / Assessor with practical Black Belt experience to help the business grow substantially.
Their four core values are
- Customer Focus - tailoring their programmes to meet client need
- Making a Difference - to learners, to organisations, to their staff
- Ethics - dealing with prudence in all they do
- Knowledge - outstanding abilities of their staff, to remain a trusted partner
Role Responsibilities for the Black Belt Trainer/Assessor
- Manage clients and learners to maximise learner achievements within realistic timescales
- Develop programmes and deliver, teach, coach and inspire cohorts of learners
- Act as the primary liaison with clients and project manage learning activities
- Assess candidates to apprenticeship frameworks and standards as appropriate
- Deliver functional skills (English and maths) as part of the programmes where required
Requirements for the Black Belt Trainer/Assessor
- Black Belt qualification
- Demonstrable industry experience of coaching others through improvement projects using Lean and Six Sigma
- Ability to train and coach others (groups up to 14)
- At least three years' experience in a similar role
- Confidence in maths (to A-level standard or similar), data analysis skills (Excel or Minitab) and with MS Office products.
- Excellent customer focus and exceptional communication skills, written and oral, with both learners and customers
- Experience with E-portfolio systems such as Onefile
- Delivery of the new apprenticeship standards in Lean Improvement Techniques
- Training qualification such as PTTLS
- Qualified assessor A1, TAQA L3 or equivalent
- V1 or TAQA L4 would be beneficial.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on skills, experience and potential
- Monthly car allowance
- Paid mileage allowance
- Pension scheme 5% contribution matched and option to salary sacrifice
- Life assurance of 2.5x salary
- 27 days per annum holiday (increasing to 30 at 5 years' service) plus bank holidays
- Becoming a member of a supportive team and wider charitable organisation
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Qualified Trainer, Qualified Assessor, Learning and Development, L and D, Training, Training Instructor, Training and Development, Development, Corporate Learning Manager, External Trainer, Coach may also be considered for this role.