Training and Development Officer
Salary £competitive + 3% flexible benefits + discretionary bonus + contributory pension
Here at Lowell Solicitors we recognise that our people are our biggest asset and we're now looking for an experienced Training and Development Officer to join our team.
You'll be responsible delivering comprehensive legal training programmes and coaching solutions to the business. This will include training on litigation, systems and also technical skills to maximise business performance of new and existing employees.
As a member of the legal training team, the role will have a specific focus on supporting the business in delivery and design of training covering complex litigation processes. It will also support the business in ensuring all staff have effective understanding of applicable aspects of the law, regulatory requirements and how these impact the litigation Lowell Solicitors Ltd undertakes.
What will you be doing?
- Delivery of effective litigation, systems and overall induction training for new starters, facilitating their transition from training to go-live into their operational areas.
- Assist in the design and development of training courses to meet identified skills gaps based on operational needs.
- Supporting the academy process to ensure further training and coaching is provided to staff once leaving induction training.
- Providing up-skill training and refreshers to enable staff to deal with all parts of the litigation process in Lowell Solicitors.
- Ensure that coaching solutions are provided to support staff further once released from training and to enable a knowledge transfer from training to the operational areas.
- Provide feedback and support to team members and Team Leaders to ensure quality is achieved in combination with achievement of KPI's and other operational drivers.
- To provide detailed and structured handover documentation from inductions to academy.
- Provide analysis on adherence to process, compliance etc., and work with the team leaders to support facilitating constructive feedback and training to team members.
- Carry out any additional reviews, as required, on calls, letters, emails and work queue items to ensure that procedures and processes are being followed.
- Attend consistency sessions with Quality Monitor peer group and Team Leaders to ensure consistency across the business.
- Share best practice and feedback to key stakeholders: - Team Leaders, Complex Litigation Lead, Legal Recoveries Manager.
- Adhere to predefined work schedule encompassing quality scoring, feedback sessions, team briefs etc.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned commensurate with role and level.
What will you need to bring?
- Experience in training and coaching
- Broad understanding of the regulatory environment governing debt recovery litigation/SRA.
- Collections/Customer Service Experience preferred but not essential.
- Training qualification such as CIPD , PGCE or working towards the same
- A level English and Maths or equivalent
You'll also need to have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to adapt to different learning styles/requirements in individuals and groups while training
- Must be customer focused with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Excel and Powerpoint (essential).
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- To deal with issues in a logical and organised manner.
Lowell Solicitors is a law firm, approved and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, which operates independently from but is a member of the Lowell Group. Lowell Solicitors provide litigation services to the group and to our external third party clients.
Lowell is already a leading player in the litigation arena and it is our aim to have the most integral, efficient, cost effective litigation capability in the industry, allowing us to maximise liquidation of existing accounts using legal action where appropriate.