Strategic HR Manager (Local Government)
Our client and aother Council are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. They have modern open plan offices and smart working practices and the technology to support mobile working.
Position: Strategic HR Manager
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon (Commutable from Didcot, Dorchester, Oxford, Wallingford and surrounding areas)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: from £55,073 per annum
Benefits: 33 days annual leave per annum, plus bank holidays and time off between Christmas and New Year; pension scheme; ample free parking; childcare voucher scheme; Cycle scheme; car lease scheme; gym membership, free swims, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users, after work sports clubs and more.
About the role:
The Strategic HR Manager will assist the head of service in providing strong and effective corporate and operational management of both councils.
- Contributing to the achievement of both councils’ overall objectives by aligning the service, via its service plan, to identified priorities
- Working with colleagues across both councils to effectively and efficiently deliver joined-up programmes, projects, policies and initiatives
- Leading by example in modelling the conduct, behaviour and values expected of the councils’ employees and establish a working environment within your service in which individuals and teams can excel
- Participating in the appointment, development and appraisal of officers within your service
- Assisting the head of service to prepare and deliver the annual service plan which aligns with both councils’ corporate strategies, objectives and priorities
- Delivering excellence across your service through the development of high performance, effective delegation, communication, cross-authority working and prioritising customer service and satisfaction
- Assisting the head of service in the development of new approaches to service delivery, ensuring continuous improvement in performance, value for money and quality of service for customers
- Assisting the head of service to plan, monitor and manage the service team’s budget to achieve financial and performance targets and work with the head of service to ensure budgets are aligned to both councils’ corporate strategies, objectives and priorities
- Supporting HR processes, such as investigations or hearings, where requested or required, for own or other services
- A relevant professional qualification or equivalent demonstrable vocational experience
- Proven successful line management experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience of at least one of the significant functions or teams within your immediate team
- Experience of planning, monitoring and managing budgets
- A corporate leader and successful line manager who is energetic, determined and positive to develop the joint working arrangements of the councils
- Excellent leadership and line management skills, including the ability to delegate appropriately, empowering Team Leaders and employees to effectively deliver operational duties, tasks and goals
- Proven and successfully applied business and financial acumen
- A track record of operating in a political context and winning the respect, trust and confidence of councillors, staff, customers and partners is desirable
- Local government experience preferred
You may have experience of the following: HR Manager, HR Advisor, Shared Service, CIPD, Employee Relations, Team Leader, Employment Law, HR Consultant, Change Management, CIPD, Human Resources Manager, Human Resources Consultant, Recruitment Manager, Talent Acquisition Manager, HRIS, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.